Research Software Engineer
- KU Leuven
- Onbepaalde duur, Voltijds
Research Software Engineer
VSC is funded by the Flemish government through the FWO which allows for continuous investments on infrastructure to offer to the users the most advanced technologies.. The current HPC infrastructure at KU Leuven consists of a Tier-2 cluster with different sections and the FlemishTier-1 cluster, the largest supercomputer in Flanders. The complete VSC infrastructure is described on the VSC website. (https://www.vscentrum.be)
ICTS, the central IT department of the KU Leuven, has a team of six customer-oriented employees responsible for supporting scientists using the High Performance Computing clusters. To strengthen the HPC team, we are looking for an enthusiastic candidate for the position of Research Software Engineer.
The complete VSC infrastructure is described on the VSC website:
As a Research Software Engineer you will be part of the HPC support team. The team facilitates HPC use for new and advanced users from all research domains.
With your technical expertise and programming experience you will help research groups grow in their HPC usage. This can be done by analyzing and optimizing existing code, transferring applications to new environments and scaling applications or workflows to a larger infrastructure. You will be able to carry out advanced support assignments independently on project basis and in close collaboration with the research group that develops the code and the HPC support team.
As a member of the team, you will also continue to provide regular support, also during longer assignments for one research group. This way you will develop a deep knowledge of the VSC systems and you will keep in touch with the large user community.
Your curiosity about the new technological developments ensures that you are kept up to date and that your expertise is further developed.
- contribute to a strategy to improve certain aspects of HPC use within a group
- working on a project basis in a lean and agile way
- acting as a contact person between the research group and the HPC group
- profiling of specific research code
- implementing optimizations to codes
- parallelization of codes or workflows
- design workflows
- coupling of simulation models
- develop generic solutions to be used to support different user groups
- developing topic specific information sessions to share knowledge with a larger group of users
- help new users start up on the different systems
- installation of scientific software from a wide range of research domains
- teach researchers how to use the infrastructure
- documenting procedures and troubleshooting
Continuously build up experience in HPC techniques
- You have a Master's or PhD degree and have experience in scientific research.
- You can work on project base assignments
- You have good oral and written communication skills
- You have a thorough knowledge of Unix/Linux, including experience with scripting languages (e.g. shell scripting, Python, Perl)
- You have knowledge of various (parallel) computer architectures
- You have programming experience (e.g. C/C++, Fortran, Python) and knowledge of parallel programming (MPI and/or OpenMP)
- You have experience with the use of HPC systems
- You are a team player and you work result-oriented with a sense of order and quality
- You are service- and customer-oriented
- Good knowledge of English, spoken and written
- You have knowledge of version control systems (e.g. git or svn)
- experience with (GP)GPU programming (CUDA and/or OpenCL)
- experience with scientific packages (e.g. Ansys, Abaqus, OpenFoam, GROMACS, VASP, CP2K, R...)
- experience with debugging and profiling packages (Allinea, Valgrind, VTune, GDB …)
A full-time job for an indefinite period, an interesting remuneration package, coupled with a salary in grade 7 or 8, exceptionally 9, depending on your relevant experience.
Dit adres kon niet gevonden worden.
Er kon geen route tussen de twee adressen gevonden worden.
De job werd bewaard
Je kan je bewaarde jobs terugvinden onderaan deze pagina, maar ook op de homepage en in Mijn Jobat.
Wil je ze ook op andere toestellen kunnen bekijken? Meld je dan aan.
- Functietype: Productontwikkeling
- Sector: Wetenschap en onderzoek
- Leuven (standplaats)
- Master (Licentiaat; Universiteit of Hoger Onderwijs Lange Type)
- Nederlands, Engels
- Onbepaalde duur
- Individuele hospitalisatieverzekering
- Hospitalisatieverzekering voor familie
- Eco Cheque
- Extra-legale vakantiedagen
- 12 maart
Ontvang per mail jobs op maat
Ontvang nieuwe 'Productontwikkeling' jobs in Leuven meteen in je mailbox.