ABOUT THE EMPLOYER:
In more than 100 years of practice, this law firm has earned an international reputation for vigorous representation of clients before governmental agencies, successful advocacy in litigation and arbitration, and creative and practical advice in structuring business transactions.
As IT Administrator you have an overall responsibility for the general support of the firm's network technologies; including Windows Servers, Virtual Server infrastructure, desktops, and all firm applications.
Do you have attention to detail and are you a real problem solver?
Then you are the ideal candidate we are looking for!
- Work with the architects and engineering teams in planning new application installs or executing upgrades to existing applications, new systems technology solutions and upgrading existing systems components; based on the delivery specifications
- Support and maintain all firm applications
- Research and resolve all escalated trouble tickets for firm applications and hardware
- Where appropriate, assist the Service Desk and other IT administrators with resolving tickets that originate in an administrator's resident office.
- Manage end-user accounts, permissions, access rights, and storage allocations in accordance with firm practices regarding nomenclature, privacy, and security for all desktop-based applications and services
- Execute and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the administration of relevant applications, systems, and technologies - identify gaps in processes or documentation and suggests improvements
- General support and administration of network infrastructure components including switches, hubs, wireless access points, remote access devices, and phone and voicemail systems
- Use systems management software to monitor and configure/maintain the firm's systems
- Participate in testing the firm's Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity solutions and processes; including backup/restore, and storage replication
- Maintain cable plant, coordinating with cable vendors as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
Robert Half BV processes the data from applicants that is required to carry out the application process. You can find more information on data protection, in particular on your rights, at https://www.roberthalf.be/en/privacy-notice.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or equivalent certification from an accredited technical training school or equivalent (2-4 years) experience
- 2-4 years' experience in a Windows environment with working knowledge in regards to maintaining and optimizing systems
- 2-4 years' experience in operating systems/application software integration and installation automation using standard tools and scripting.
- iManage document management system experience; with working knowledge in regards to maintaining and optimizing the system including experience with EMM and matter-centricity.
- Citrix XenApp experience with working knowledge in regards to maintaining and optimizing the system
- Major organization-wide systems (Scanning, Faxing, Helpdesk, etc.) with working knowledge in regards to maintaining and optimizing such system(s)
- MS Exchange/Outlook mail systems; with working knowledge in regards to maintaining and optimizing the client performance.
- Network systems support and installation, including server hardware, network operating systems software, and hypervisor technologies.
- Systems infrastructure support and installation including SAN storage systems, and various Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity.
- Attention to detail
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Customer service: is highly responsive to initial requests and follows through on all commitments, both stated and implied;
- Initiative and creativity
- Teamwork: able to work well with others on projects, initiatives, and tasks that require their input and cooperation
A full-time contract with an attractive salary package
- Net expense allowance
- Meal vouchers
- Group insurance
- Hospitality insurance