Andere jobs bij KU Leuven
Alle jobs Wetenschapper
Populaire jobs in Wetenschapper:
- Data Platform Engineer
- Molecular Modelling Engineer (m/f)
- Onderzoeksmedewerker in Chemie (M/V)
- PEER REVIEW OFFICER
- REGISTRATION ASSISTANT AGROCHEMICALS
Interessante jobs elke week in je mailbox? Vervolledig je CV op Mijn Jobat en schrijf je in voor Jobat Express.
The ever increasing need for faster and personalized in vitro diagnostics is rendering this field one of the brightest for innovation and growth. To embrace this opportunity, a permanent position at KU Leuven is created for an Innovation Manager with the aim to manage a cross-disciplinary program within KU Leuven for innovation & valorization in the field of integrated diagnostics and life science research tools (IDiaLiST). Supported by a consortium of research teams from 3 KU Leuven departments with expertise in key enabling technologies in diagnostics, the Innovation Manager will mainly focus on substantially increasing the valorization output by (i) integration of scientific findings into beyond-present-day diagnostic solutions, (ii) continuous innovation through research, and (iii) creating a flexible program for dealing efficiently with industrial and academic requests from various fields of diagnostics.
The lndustrial Research Fund (lOF) of KU Leuven forms a bridge between strategic basic research, technological innovations and industrial collaborations. Based on collaborations with KU Leuven research groups, the University Hospital and different stakeholders from industry and society, we aim to broaden our valorization portfolio, and to increase the transfer of knowledge to the market. We have a team of more than 30 experienced Innovation Managers involved in the development of practical and innovative technological solutions based on the expertise and infrastructure of the research groups within KU Leuven/UZ Leuven.
Innovation Manager in the field of integrated diagnostics & life science research tools
You will manage the innovation/exploitation of the patent portfolio and novel developments in the IDiaLiST program (https://www.biw.kuleuven.be/biosyst/mebios/biosensors-group/technology-transfer/IDiaLiST_Main_Page/home). Additionally, you will introduce IDiaLiST to clients in industry and create a program in which both industry and the research groups are strengthened. Finally, you will be responsible for the scouting and acquisition of EU and national projects with a high economic finality.
Your responsibilities include:
- Supporting the individual researchers and interdisciplinary teams within the IDiaLiST program to identify the most suitable valorization strategy for applied research results (patent, licensing, spin-offs)
- Supporting the valorization trajectory from research results towards industrial reality. This entails active involvement in writing and shaping patents and licenses, in consultation with KU Leuven technology transfer office.
- Managing the valorization and IP portfolio of the IDiaLiST program
- Identifying new leads for research collaborations and new grant application opportunities
- Participating in the development of and collaborating in European/national consortia
- Managing new and ongoing research projects with a clear valorization track (scientifically, financially, follow-up & reporting), such as EIT HEALTH, H2020/FP9, potentially in collaboration with SOCs (VIB, IMEC)
- Promoting the research and valorization program at conferences, networking meetings and on-site company visits, while further developing the IDiaLiST online presence (website, PR, Social network) to create business
The Innovation Manager will coordinate the valorization program through regular meetings and inform the Management Board of achieved milestones.
- PhD in bioscience-engineering, biomedical sciences, pharmaceutical sciences or equivalent and experience in strategic research management and/or business development
- Experience with diagnostics and life science research tools
- Good technological background and interest in technology
- Experience with optimization and commercial valorization of diagnostic tools
- Preferably experience with managerial tasks and consulting services in diagnostics
- Preferably work experience in a commercial setting, whether in an industry or as a division manager with a tech-transfer focus
- Familiar with European and national applied research funding schemes
- Experience in (applying for), amongst others, European projects, regional projects with industry involvement, bilateral cooperation projects, etc.
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Enthusiastic can-do mentality, dedicated team-worker
- Excellent grant writing skills
- Owner of a drivers licence B
You work in Leuven, but you should regularly perform company visits and participate to conferences/workshops and other events across the globe.
An exciting and challenging job, focused on continuous innovation and development in a transdisciplinary and international context. We offer a permanent position as Innovation Manager of the Industrial Research Fund (IOF) at KU Leuven, a world famous university.
Dit adres kon niet gevonden worden.
Er kon geen route tussen de twee adressen gevonden worden.
Anderen bekeken ook
Deze job wordt niet langer aangeboden
- Functietype: Wetenschapper
- Sector: Wetenschap en onderzoek
- Leuven (standplaats)
- Alle vacatures bij KU Leuven
- Onbepaalde duur