As the largest (TIC) player in Belgium, Vinçotte is recognized as a reference in the fields of quality, safety, efficiency, and our environment. Through its inspections, verifications, certifications, process review & training activities, Vinçotte contributes each day to increase the safety of people, properties, the quality of production and construction & the level of reliability of equipment and installations...
The automotive homologation business unit
Since 2017 Vinçotte is organized into 4 large operating units & 3 strategic business units. The automotive homologation business unit is one of these 3 strategic development areas for Vinçotte. The Homologation business unit is dedicated to improving active and passive vehicle safety, environmental protection, as well as the quality of products and production processes for all strategic vehicle and component, manufacturers.
Homologation Engineer - Vehicle Components
Description de la fonction
To suit the demands of our ambitious international automotive customers and support our growing inspection & auditor teams, we are seeking talented and qualified engineers. The qualified engineer is a respectful and dynamic person steering approval activities and is involved in witnessing and providing assistance during tests, performing audits, analyzing data, and preparing reports on these tests/audits in order to award certificates on an International basis.
At the same time digitalization, powertrain & autonomous driving change increasingly and exponentially the face of the automotive industry. Therefore, we are looking for individuals both able to combine a passion for current automotive compliance and eager to set the right rules in a sector under disruption.
The homologation engineer will play a key role in the transformation of our current organization. The main activities he or she will do are:
- Work with external partners and test laboratories to support certification testing. Analyze tests performed by these laboratory partners. Based on this, draw up appropriate reports, meet the reporting requirements and prepare certification documents.
- Occasionally: visit our global customers & their production factories, for a period of one to two weeks, review witnessing abroad, perform audits and required analyses for compliance and reporting them wisely;
- Build intimacy with customers & staff members to capture and answer to their needs.
- You will join the homologation component team and will initially be working with safety glazing manufacturers and laboratories.
- You will mainly work from the office
- Trend watch & update current applicable legislations and development opportunities.
- Manage independently your administration, your customer satisfaction, your agenda.
- Support the Homologation manager to satisfy customers & obtain growing opportunities.
- Bachelor Automotive Engineering, Industrial Engineering or equivalent through experience
- Minimum of 3 years experience in manufacturing, laboratory, or homologation
- Pragmatic & result oriented, passionate about validating products;
- Dynamic, independent, responsible and dedicated;
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills in English with additional French as a native language.
- Positive thinker able to generate engagement & commitment from others to reach objectives;
- Willingness to travel abroad for periods of one to two weeks.
Knowledge skills & experience
Genuine interest & experience in the automotive sector, compliance review, strategic recommendations;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Able to onboard customers to develop test/pilots with them;
- Organized, capable of prioritizing work and focusing on important tasks;
- When you face contradiction, you don’t give up but communicate to solve ambiguity;
- A natural enthusiast that encourages people to think creatively and come up with new ideas;
- Able to thrive in a fast-moving environment, including dealing with ambiguity and changing priorities;
- Collaborates effectively and seeks out better practices.
- Assurance groupe
- Voiture d'entreprise
- Carte carburant
- GSM & smartphone
- Ordinateur portable
- Abonnement internet
- Assurance hospitalisation individuelle
- Assurance hospitalisation pour la famille
- Compensation de repas
- Our culture and work environment
- A challenging job with plenty of variety and a strong focus on technique,
- The possibility to work independently and to take responsibility,
- The opportunity to be part of a great team,
- The stability of a large, reliable, and renowned company.
- Market conform remuneration and salary package based on experience and knowledge.