Senior automation engineer
The many process control systems and safety systems are in strong focus for modernization and optimization, considering the latest technological developments.
Therefore, the site-central department for automation system services, supporting the many production plants on the site, is looking for an automation engineer to help execute the activities regarding automation and digitalization.
We would greatly appreciate it if you would join us.
You will be part of a strong team where your current expertise is greatly valued and you are allowed and encouraged to continue your growth in interaction with other motivated technical experts.
We look forward to your contribution !
As a Senior Automation Engineer you will advise- and support in the development of process automation- and safety solutions, mainly with focus on DCS.
You build up the expertise, required and beneficial for the development of our high-end chemical production plants. You help to define and implement the future vision.
The knowledge will be used in the context of several types of projects, which can be green field, partial or complete migrations, expansions, upgrades, modernizations, plant modifications, optimizations, etc.
In collaboration with a motivated team the following tasks will be your responsibility:
- Provide project support, such as user requirements specification, bid clarification and evaluation, follow-up during project execution, scope change management, etc.
- You will follow-up on technical (r-)evolutions within the automation market (systems, vendors etc.).
- You will explore new vendor technologies/products and assess the benefits for BASF.
- You will have the opportunity to interact with and learn from many different production plants and departments. This will allow you to build up strong site relations that will strengthen your future career within BASF, both in Antwerp and globally.
- You will establish regular consultation moments, both vendor- and technology oriented.
- The target groups are the different user communities: Asset-, Maintenance- and Process Managers, maintenance-supervisors, central services' specialists and colleagues from engineering.
- You are strongly involved in the Technical Community (top-down and bottom-up), both locally and globally.
- In cooperation with the System Administrators you will proactively work on life cycle follow-ups and evaluate, develop and implement concepts for improvement (LCC, TCO).
- In close contact with other ICT specialists you will supervise the application of current regulations and guidelines related to cybersecurity.
- You will address occurring problems and/or vulnerabilities and you will offer necessary corrective actions and will follow-up on the implementation.
- You have obtained a masters' degree, such as Master of Science in Mathematical Engineering , Electrical Engineering or Industrial engineering or are equally qualified based on your experience.
- A good knowledge of- and affinity with ICT within process-automation
- You have gained experience in the automation world and have worked with customary technologies and systems, like Emerson and/or Schneider Electric.
- Experience with batch technology is required.
- Your efforts to find sustainable and safe solutions are facilitated by your interest in innovation and your 'out of the box' way of thinking.
- You speak Dutch and English fluently.
- A permanent contract in a high-tech working environment with a nice atmosphere in a stable company.
- A warm welcome and guidance with our buddy system.
- A good work-life balance! You have flexible hours and 38 vacation days. Occasional homework is possible.
- A growing salary package with options (tablet / laptop / smartphone for private use, ...), a mobility budget (lease bike / charging infrastructure, ...), an annual bonus, a fixed net compensation, a pension plan, hospitalization and outpatient health insurance for you (and your family), ...
- A company car and the option of installing charging infrastructure via our option plan.
- A healthy and extensive choice in the company restaurant, monthly fruit distribution and meal vouchers.
- Attention to self-development through a wide range of training courses and an internal job market.
Dit adres kon niet gevonden worden.
Er kon geen route tussen de twee adressen gevonden worden.