- FOREST ALLIANCE BELGIUM
- Onbepaalde duur, Voltijds
What's your role in the future Metsä?
Metsä Board Finance is looking for a reliable Assistant Controller to assist in preparing financial statements that follow all regulatory and accounting guidelines under the supervision of a Regional controller. You will be responsible for identifying and preventing discrepancies and helping set up control systems.
An effective assistant controller has good knowledge of accounting principles. You must be an organized professional with a great eye for detail, reliable as well as able to carry out tasks autonomously and collaboratively.
The goal is to contribute to keep the accounting and financial processes of the company up to standard and ensure accurate financial reporting and control. You will report to the Regional controller.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Support most aspects of accounting management (billing, tax forms, reporting etc.)
- Assist in the formulation of internal controls and policies to comply with legislation and established best practices
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements in compliance with official guidelines and requirements
- Manage journal entries, invoices etc. and reconcile accounts for the monthly or annual closing
- Assist in the preparation of budgets or forecasts
- Participate in preparation for the annual audit
- Help in development of reports for management or regulatory bodies
- Assist HR manager and administrator
Candidate experience and competence expectations are:
- Proven experience as assistant controller or other similar position
- Solid knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and regulations
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes (budgeting, financial closure, reporting etc.)
- Understanding of data analysis and forecasting
- Working knowledge of MS Office (especially excel) and accounting software (e.g. SAP)
- Well-organized with ability to prioritize
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and problem-solving ability
- Fluent speaking English/French
- Bachelor degree in accounting
- 2 year experience (minimum)
Lunch vouchers, group insurance, hospital insurance, ...
- Nederlands, Engels, Frans
- Onbepaalde duur
Ontvang per mail jobs op maat
Ontvang nieuwe 'Accounting' jobs in Antwerpen meteen in je mailbox.