E, C & I Engineer
- Permanent, Full-time
E, C & I Engineer
BWSC is an engineering and contracting company originating from the Danish B&W organisation. We are project-oriented, specialising in the development, design, construction and operation of turnkey power plants and energy systems with ambitious goals within biomass-to-energy, waste-to-energy and hybrid solutions worldwide.
We deliver operation, maintenance and service of power plants. We have 700 dedicated employees, of which 400 are based at our headquarters in Allerød, Denmark.
Currently, we are constructing power plants in Belgium (Ghent), the Faroe Islands, the UK and the Caribbean. Furthermore, we service and operate power plants in the UK, Panama, Kenya, Sri Lanka, several islands in the Caribbean and a number of West African countries.
- Maintain the plant against Original Equipment Manufacturer guidance, applicable legislation and industry best practice in line with the Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS), to ensure the availability of the plant is maximised.
- Undertake and support the daily planned maintenance activities in line with the agreed CMMS plan, liaising with QHSE and operations colleagues and submitting the required CMMS/Safety System documents and Risk Assessment/Method Statement (RAMS) within the locally agreed timeframes.
- Undertake practical application and timely diagnosis, fault finding and repair of the plant, in liaison with operations team, with or without 3rd party contract support.
- Undertake proactive measures to improve plant reliability, efficiency and performance, whilst maintaining overall plant integrity in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
- Provide supervisory support to 3rd party service providers whilst on site, and associated acceptance of RAMS.
- Ensure the sites CMMS is maintained and proactively used to record all historical works undertaken.
- Own or provide contract ownership to a number of 3rd party contract providers to assist in the delivery of all scheduled and unscheduled maintenance activities.
- Undertake specific engineering integrity assessments not limited to DSEAR and Safety Critical Devices.
- Provide engineering technical support as required to the fuel handling and operations team for plant technical issue resolution.
- Ensure the EC&I spares including strategic spares are controlled, replenished in line with agreed levels and secured at all times.
- Support in maintaining and updating the sites long-term engineering integrity strategy and short/mid-term maintenance strategy for all EC&I assets.
- Support the participation, implementation and completion of all plant modifications.
- Support the delivery of all sites quality requirements as per local QHSE guidance.
- Budgetary responsibility as per delegated authority.
- Support outage works, including general planning, scheduling, in-house delivery and 3rd party service provider co-ordination.
- Carrying out responsibilities as authorised and as defined within the companies safety rules and associated procedures.
- Adhere to health, safety and environmental management policies and assist in the creation/development of all site operations procedures, so they remain accurate, suitable and sufficient.
- Applicants must have experience in power plant or power plant related operations ie boiler, combustion systems, high pressure steam and water systems, steam turbines, water treatment etc.
- Knowledge of biomass handling or waste to energy is also very relevant.
- Applications from ex-merchant marine engineering and operating staff are welcome.
- Knowledge and experience of Safe Systems of Work is also important as the E, C & I Engineer will have responsibility for Permit for Work procedures.
- Applications are particularly welcome from people living within a 50 km radius of the plant or alternatively from those who are willing to relocate to the locality.
This address could not be found.
We could not find a route between the two addresses.
The job was saved
You can find your saved jobs on the homepage or in My Jobat.
To view them on other devices as well, just log in.
- Master (University or Higher Education Long Type)
- At least 5 years experience
- 24 May
Receive jobs by e-mail
Receive new 'Project leader, technical responsible, Measurement & control technician' jobs in Ghent straight to your mailbox.