Who are we
At Air Products, we've been helping our customers to become more productive, energy efficient and sustainable for more than 80 years. With approximately 19,000 employees and operations in 50 countries, we serve customers across a wide range of industries from food and beverage to medical, energy and transportation. We supply a unique portfolio of atmospheric and process gases, equipment and services.
We are looking for an Electrical Field Engineer to join our team in either Belgium, Netherlands, or France.
Electrical Field Engineer
What is the role
As an Electrical Field Engineer you will be responsible for troubleshooting, repair, preventive maintenance, installation and some design of electrical equipment such as rotating machines, static systems and devices and supporting construction activities for plant improvement projects and commissioning activities for new plants and additions to existing production plants.
You will respond to any major occurrence of electrical breakdown, carry out prompt inspection, analyse the fault, repair and re-commission affected plant and equipment to assure the minimum loss of production and support plants with maintenance according to the Plant Maintenance programme. This could range from routine maintenance or major overhaul maintenance and will include working on maintenance shutdowns.
In the role of Electrical Field Engineer you supervise and/or perform preventive and corrective maintenance, troubleshooting, modification, installation and commissioning of electrical equipment in Global Operations production facilities; joint venture, and third party facilities.
Besides this, your tasks will be to
- Ensure that the work is adequately planned and executed safely at a high level of effectiveness when supervising contractors and/or Air Products staff
- Carry out plant modifications according to central design specification, submit any self-generated design changes to specialist engineers for approval before implementation. For some projects generate scope, cost and obtain Expenditure Approval and execute the work scope
- Give advice and assistance to Plant Managers and their staff on maintenance matters as requested drawing, when necessary, upon the technical resources and expertise of specialist engineers
- In association with the Maintenance Systems group, review and update the technical content of the preventive maintenance procedures and to recommend changes where improvements in safety, quality or economy may be affected
What you bring
We are looking for an enthusiastic pro-active new colleague with
* Completion of a Formal Electrical Apprenticeship, Tertiary Vocational Qualification to minimum MTS (Netherlands) / HNC (UK) or equivalent, supplemented by 5 years post apprenticeship experience in electrical distribution, equipment protection and controls
* The ability to read electrical control drawings. High voltage and large motor experience is preferred
* The ability to communicate in English, both spoken and written word as well as in Dutch or French or German
* Familiarization with the electrical equipment in the facilities served. For example: induction and synchronous motors, protective relays, switchgear, starters, control systems, transformers, generators, and distribution systems
What we offer you
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, a culture of respect, challenge and innovation – with excellent opportunities for growth and development.
If that sounds interesting, then come and discover, care and accomplish by clicking APPLY now.
At Air Products, we work in an environment where diversity is essential, inclusion is our culture, and each person knows they belong and matter.