Logistics Specialist EMEAI
- Unique Office
- Walloon Brabant
- Fixed-term, Full-time
Logistics Specialist EMEAI
Our client is a renowned company active in the chemical sector and which markets its products all over the world.
The Logistics Specialist is responsible for optimizing transportation and logistics costs and service levels by continually improving the processes and networks by which the business utilizes trucking, rail, air, and ocean transportation modes. He/she is fully engaged in responsible movement of the company to and within the European region, Middle East, Africa and India. The Logistics Specialist is also responsible to work with the global procurement team and source, negotiate & manage local logistic contracts and services as required. Logistics Specialist EMEAI Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive efficiency projects to reduce transportation/logistics costs across the board. Taking transport modes, payloads and lead times into account.
- Set costs targets/benchmarks and execute accordingly and drive Cost-awareness throughout the Supply Chain Team.
- Assists the EMEAI team with establishing, monitoring and making adjustments to the logistics budget.
- Drive improved automation through the CSR/SIOP/Logistics process.
- Responsible for all transportation activities in accordance with organization’s policy and procedure and in line with local, country and international law.
- Responsible for operations of 3rd Party warehouses. Monitor 3PL warehouse in/out/storage activities and costs associated with it.
- Manage 3PL/4PL logistics and transportation activities, develop and maintain performance KPI’s, review logistics perfthe company
- Responsible for logistics and transportation related dispute resolution activities & insurance claims/risk management as delegated.
- Stay informed of logistics technology advances and recommend applying appropriate technology in order to improve logistics processes. Related topics are: TMS, automated freight bill control, 4PL control tower.
- Taking responsibility for the management of the Logistics Cost process for the region and ensure fully Freight-costing setup in SAP.
- Maintain the relevant cost KPI’s together with the Logistic Team Leaders, Contract Manager and Customer Fulfilment Manager.
- Contact vendors with regards to invoice related issues.
- Help analyze top down plans and projects on cost impact
- Stay informed of latest developments in packaging materials and packaging requirements in order to comply with product quality, safety regulations and customers’ needs. Recommend new packaging materials and packing processes.
- Develop an understanding of customers' needs on logistics and transportation and take actions to ensure that such needs are met.
- Receive, investigate, verify and resolve customer complaints on logistics and transportations.
- Ensures systems for meeting export, import, and all other logistics compliance requirements.
- Provide logistics support activities, such as estimating cost related to delivery and storage. Answer questions on cost, contract requirements and chronic performance issues.
- Build relationship with logistic services providers and carriers by means of periodical visits.
- Perform periodical audits and quality checks of logistic service providers and carriers.
- Manage SAP Purchase and Blanket Orders accordingly.
- Be fully familiar with ESSH and ethical procedures (Code of Conduct)
- Continuous attention to improve safety, quality, service and cost performance
- Permanent attention to deliver the best-in-class business service by using the existing network logistics providers
- Act as a safety leader
Reports to This role will report directly to the Supply Chain Manager
- Minimum 4 years working experience in multinational companies in logistics/supply chain functions.
- Level: Master, preferably in economics or logistic oriented domain
- Experience in logistics or supply chain, in an international environment
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
- Strong practical working experience with Logistics and Customs Operations in EU.
- In depth working experience in European wide shipping of cargo (both palletized and bulk) and all aspects associated with it, i.e. import, document flow, demurrage, equipment etc.
- Understands domestic and international shipping requirements.
- Fluent in English and French both verbally as written. Knowledge of any other European language is an asset.
- Effective Communicator: Strong written and verbal communication skills. Able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization as well as with vendors.
- Team Player: demonstrated ability to build relationships and work effectively with people across functions and regions.
- Integrative Thinker: ability to use judgment and experience to look and take into account various aspects of the business processes and value chain to make recommendations and drive opportunities for cost optimization.
- Strong initiative and commitment.
- Problem Solver: a creative yet pragmatic problem solver. Methodical and hands-on, as well as detail-oriented. Excellent planning, execution, and project-management skills.
- Analytical mind: being able to identify and collect relevant data, to put relevant data in correlation, crunch it and visually display the results (excel pivot tables, power point).
- Ocean freight knowledge as well as International Trade Compliant and SAP knowledge are all assets.
- Assuring integrity of the logistic information is critical in order to manage the complexities of the business.
- Project work is a very important part of the role, and will give breadth and diversity to the day-to-day work contents
Our client offers you an interim assignment with a view to a contract (or an immediate indefinite contract). Your salary will be defined on the basis of your experience and skills and will come with various benefits.
The job was saved
You can find your saved jobs on the homepage or in My Jobat.
To view them on other devices as well, just log in.
- Professional bachelor (Higher Education Short Type)
- At least 5 years experience
- English, French
- 1 June
Receive jobs by e-mail
Receive new 'Logistics' jobs straight to your mailbox.