Business Development Officer
- Allen & Overy (Belgium) LLP
- Permanent, Full-time
Business Development Officer
Join our team and you'll be part of a flexible, inclusive culture underpinned by openness and consistent support for one another. Our culture enables people to define their own career path based on their strengths, while our ambitious outlook ensures we continue to provide each person with opportunities to thrive. We're also committed to supporting a culture that drives diversity and inclusion. Every day, we're working hard to create an environment where you feel you can bring your authentic self to work. To be comfortable and confident to be who you are in the workplace. To feel like you belong. If you're ready to play your part in defining the future of law: It's Time.
The Business Development Officer reports to the Head of Business Development & Marketing at Allen & Overy Belgium. The role sits within the wider Belgian Business Development & Marketing Team consisting of junior, mid-level and senior Business Development & Marketing professionals working harmoniously together with lawyers and staff to deliver stellar commercial support. You will primarily be covering our Environmental Law and our Competition practices. The role is based in our Brussels office, with the option of working from home on occasion in accordance with the office policy. You will be an integral part of a market-leading team consisting of both lawyers and staff members.
You will become the trusted commercial adviser to your two assigned practices as you will:
- define and implement strategic BD planning for the Belgian offices in line with global/regional objectives;
- advise and lead on winning profitable work by delivering high-quality, innovative commercial proposals (requests for proposals, panel pitches, short turn-around capability statements, etc) including:
- managing the pitch process (from scoping kick-offs and determining the preferred approach to drafting the pitch and obtaining client feedback); and
- fielding our relevant global product offering (sector, product, pricing, Advanced Delivery Services etc);
- help your lawyers develop and closely monitor client relationships, and be involved in the preparation and follow-up of effective client-relationship meetings, with a specific focus on selected key clients;
- be responsible for knowledge management of markets, prospects and clients (data collection and reporting), and share information with key stakeholders by drafting tailored client briefing notes;
- support the organisation of events, seminars and webinars;
- participate in internal and external communication projects (both national and international);
- support the update of marketing materials such as brochures, newsletters and flyers; and
- coordinate and contribute to submissions for legal directories (such as Chambers & Partners and Legal 500).
An energetic, proactive business development professional with:
- a Master's degree in Law, Economics, Marketing, Management, Business Administration or in another relevant area;
- between 3 to 7 years' experience in a similar role, preferably in a professional services organisation;
- a commercial mind-set, combining market awareness with a solid understanding of how international businesses operate;
- an excellent knowledge (written and spoken) of English as well as Dutch and/or French (with at least a good understanding of the other language);
- excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong relationships with your stakeholders within the (global) firm, including lawyers, personal assistants, your BD & Marketing colleagues abroad, as well as members of our Finance and HR teams;
- a strong client-focus and results-driven approach;
- the versatility to work both as a team player and autonomously in a highly professional and demanding environment;
- an eye for detail and strong analytical skills; and
- excellent computer skills (MS Office).
We believe our positive, team-oriented culture sets us apart. You will be embraced by a diverse, open-minded, talented, multicultural team challenging you to bring out the best version of yourself. The focus will be on your personal and professional development.
In addition, we offer a highly competitive remuneration package in line with your qualifications and experience (including luncheon vouchers, an employee assistance programme (EAP), free public transportation, a full insurance package, extra-legal holidays, an in-house restaurant, sports facilities, etc).
A truly unique culture
We are defined by our consistent commitment to create a collaborative and supportive working culture and to invest in your progress. We are committed to supporting a culture that drives diversity and inclusion. Every day, we work hard to create an environment where everybody can be their authentic self. We offer you a rewarding career built around your individual strengths and ambitions, designed to ensure that you can achieve your maximum personal potential. In joining our team, you will discover the empowerment that comes from collaboration on a truly global scale; you will learn how to drive change at the heart of an organisation that is defining the future of the law. Allen & Overy Belgium holds a number of office-wide social events during the year and the Business Development Team arranges regular informal social gatherings (all in line with COVID-19 regulations). There are also a number of opportunities to become involved in pro-bono projects. If you are ready for a place to thrive in a fast-paced world: The time is now!
Please upload your CV and cover letter by clicking 'apply for job'. We look forward to receiving your application!
This address could not be found.
We could not find a route between the two addresses.
The job was saved
You can find your saved jobs on the homepage or in My Jobat.
To view them on other devices as well, just log in.
- Academic Bachelor
- Dutch, French
- 10 August
Receive jobs by e-mail
Receive new 'Business development' jobs in Brussels straight to your mailbox.