Support Engineer PC / Software
- Permanent, Full-time
Support Engineer PC / Software
The Global Solutions Center – Packaging and Logistics for Service Robotics is located in Huizingen, Belgium and specializes in robot-centric automation solutions for e-commerce, retail, fresh food, non-food and express parcel segments. Our portfolio ranges from robotic products to modular cells, engineered turnkey solutions (like high-bay warehouses or goods to man picking) and lifecycle management services.
You will be the first and consistent point of contact to provide effective solutions to customers facing technical problems related to the industrial application software layer of the delivered solution, from the incoming call to the final closing and reporting.
- Troubleshoot potential software bugs and logic failures and proactively take appropriate actions to offset/prevent problems and inform internal partners;
- Deliver outstanding and professional service, remotely or on-site, in key categories, e.g. planned maintenance, repairs, extensions, upgrades and retrofits, end-of-life services and replacements;
- Provide assistance for commissioning activities (i.e. final editing of as-built project files, editing and testing of procedures) and for conducting testing and verification activities for new projects;
- Provide sales support for change request based on knowledge of customers: specifications, prices, eventually planning;
- One week a month be available round the clock as first-line support for clients with any problems (via phone, modem connection and/or on the spot intervention);
- Suggest product and process improvements to enhance operations and customer service.
- We are looking for an IT generalist with a broad view and open mindset in hardware and software applications with the focus on an industrial environment;
- Experience in debugging and developing applications in a Windows and/or Linux environment, using an advanced object-oriented language, preferably C#. Net –;
- We welcome young graduates (bachelor /master degree) or equal by experience (at least 2 years);
- Knowledge of Oracle, MySQL and SQL Server databases;
- Knowledge of virtualization techniques such as VMware, Hyper-V, Docker,…;
- Experience with the configuration of network and servers and you have knowledge of PC programming ;
- Hands-on experience in servicing, maintaining, commissioning and repairing of industrial automation;
- Customer orientated and ability to identify and assess customers’ needs to achieve satisfaction;
- A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach and strong communication skills;
- Able to cope with pressure, tight deadline and demanding customers;
- Willing to be on call one week during a monthly rotation;
- Willing to keep knowledge up to date on the latest developments in the used technologies;
- Willing to work on-site in Belgium or abroad (occasional short missions 5 days );
- Fluent in Dutch or French with a good knowledge of English (German being an asset);
- Live ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
Please contact Patrick Brahm, Talent Partner, Guido Gezellestraat 126, 1654 Beersel, Belgium or email@example.com for additional information.
This address could not be found.
We could not find a route between the two addresses.
The job was saved
You can find your saved jobs on the homepage or in My Jobat.
To view them on other devices as well, just log in.
- Professional bachelor (Higher Education Short Type)
- Limited experience (< 2 years)
- Dutch, English, French
- 4 September
Receive jobs by e-mail
Receive new 'Helpdesk & support' jobs in Flemish Brabant straight to your mailbox.