29 of 56Next
Yara provides sustainable crop nutrition solutions, supporting farmer profitability through knowledge, quality and productivity.
Yara’s mission is both simple and very ambitious: to responsibly feed the world and protect the planet.
Our crop nutrition solutions and precision farming offerings allow farmers to increase yields and improve product quality while reducing environmental impact. Our environmental and industrial solutions improve air quality and reduce emissions. We have a worldwide presence with more than 16,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries.
Senior Accounting Expert
For our Financial Shared Services (OSS) department we are looking for an:
In the Yara environment, you will be stimulated to share knowledge and to strive for continuous growth and personal development in order to meet the challenging goals in alignment with the Yara mission and while upholding Yara Values. The OSS department is a team consisting of 20 professionals working in the area of accounting and reporting. The unit is located in Sluiskil.
OSS is providing their services to Yara corporate as well as other Yara units both within Europe and globally. The unit is in charge of the accounts of around 40 entities. Yara is using SAP as ERP system and HFM for the financial corporate reporting. The team embodies high competence within ERP systems, tax and accounting issues, putting the latest techniques and tools to good use. Our experts are continuously searching for better solutions and tools that are adapted to Yara’s operations.
In these role you will be responsible for Paris (France), Tertre (Belgium), Zaventem (Belgium) and Sluiskil (Netherlands) This position will be based in Zaventem (Belgium) or Sluiskil (Netherlands).
Function and responsibilities
- For various companies this function will be responsible for:
• Financial reporting to external authorities, statutory reporting, reporting to Yara
• stakeholders and internal Financial reporting;
• Compliance with local Gaap/ IFRS and Internal Control over Financial reporting (ICFR);
• Contact person towards business entity manager/controller.
- Actively participate – advise in the daily operations related to all entities under the responsibility of OSS like: invoice verification, VAT determination and G/L posting;
- Understanding interactions between finance processes and reporting requirements;
- Be the business partner to the supported business in matters related to finance;
- Set up internal control procedures to adhere to corporate control guidelines;
- Setting up new processes and procedures;
- Participate in projects, at national and international level.
- Preferably a Master’s degree. However, relevant experience can compensate for lack of formal education at the preferred level;
- Min. 5 years accounting experience;
- Good knowledge of accounting practices and IFRS;
- Good knowledge of Belgium or French statutory accounting practices
- Proficient Excel skills and experience with SAP, HFM and Business Objects is an advantage;
- Strong analytical skills and keen interest in business;
- Curious, proactive, taking initiatives and solutions-orientated;
- High interpersonal and communication skills;
- Interest and ability to work in a fast changing multi-cultural environment;
- Competence in English, French is a must.
For more information about the job content, please contact Evelien de Visser, HR Business Partner (tel. +31(0)115-474969) or Tom du Puy, Team Leader OSS (tel. +31(0)115-474168). Apply via the 'Apply' button.
Others also viewed
The job was saved
You can find your saved jobs on the homepage or in My Jobat.
To view them on other devices as well, just log in.
36 days left to apply
- Function type: Accounting
- Sector: Chemistry and Pharmacie
- All jobs via Vonq
- Bachelor following Bachelor
- At least 5 years experience
- English, French