3 of 8Next
At SCK•CEN, we are on the forefront. By developing new knowledge and innovative applications, we move the line of what nuclear science can do for society. Each day, we are driven by a relentless ambition to build our expertise and achieve our goals. We are immersed in a world of unique technology, open discussion and discovery, together with other capable and curious minds. Join a community of explorers.
We are working together with scientific and industrial partners to develop a Closed Ecological Plant Cultivation System and Bakery for extended stays on Planet Mars and their applications for Planet Earth. This is a unique chance to work in a multidisciplinary team on an innovative project. For this project, we are looking for an experienced researcher:
- you will be performing research through the design, execution and analysis of plant growth and microbial laboratory experiments
- you will contribute with your biology expertise to answering the different research questions on the impact of growth substrates, ionising radiation, plant-microbe interactions, plant physiology, plant growth and the nutritional value of plants
- you will be involved in the monitoring of environmental microbes in the closed plant cultivation infrastructure developed in this project
- you will be responsible for the daily follow-up of the project and for reporting towards the project partners
- you will take the lead in converting the scientific results into reports and scientific publications and present your results at project meetings and conferences
- PhD or master’s degree in biology, bioengineering, biochemistry or biomedical sciences
- knowledge of microbiology and plant biology
- hands-on experience with standard microbiological research and biological lab experiments
- experience in project work and project reporting
- a proactive attitude with a strong sense of responsibility
- an open communication style with attention for the team
- fluent spoken and written communication in English
- good writing and presentation skills
- experience with the analysis of plant-microbe interactions and the growth or nutritional value of plants
- knowledge of Dutch or French
- A challenging and varied job
- Opportunities for self-development in an absorbing, international research environment
- Extensive training opportunities within and outside your area of expertise
- An attractive remuneration package with non-statutory benefits
- Located in wooded area to ensure you a traffic jam free environment
This address could not be found.
We could not find a route between the two addresses.
Others also viewed
The job was saved
You can find your saved jobs on the homepage or in My Jobat.
To view them on other devices as well, just log in.
28 days left to apply
- Function type: Scientist
- Sector: Science and Research
- All jobs at SCK-CEN
- Master (University or Higher Education Long Type)
- Group insurance
- Meal vouchers
- Individual hospital insurance
- Saint Nicolas
- Culture and sports cheques