R&D Optical Engineer
- Delta Light
- Western Flanders
- Permanent, Full-time
R&D Optical Engineer
Over the years Delta Light established its growth based on in-house design, R&D, quality control, testing and production. From design to engineering and prototyping, all the way to production, packaging and stocking… all is handled at the Delta Light headquarters in Wevelgem.
As R&D Optical Engineer, you are an expert on light engine design: in this role you support the design group and carry out complex design tasks in this field.
As a member of the product development team:
- You use optical and other modelling techniques to come to design choices.
- You come up with practical solutions which fulfil the project needs.
- You align your designs with team members from different disciplines and suppliers.
- You ensure document specifications, you identify technical risks and mitigation options and you prepare design reviews.
- You closely follow market trends and keep close contact with our LED & optics suppliers.
You support testing and verification of products:
- You build understanding of phenomena that act as bottlenecks to increase system performance.
- You verify and improve the optical models based on the actual system performance.
- You document lessons learned and spread the knowledge within the R&D team.
- You have a master degree (or higher) in the fields of optics or physics.
- A detailed knowledge in the field of optics is a must. You have at least 3 years of experience.
- A proven experience in this field and/or knowledge of optics modelling software is a plus.
- You are fluent in oral and written English, knowledge of Dutch is a plus.
- You are able to overview and understand the physical operation principal of complex optical systems and to generate detailed modeling and simulation to predict its performance.
- You have a balanced mindset between the practical and the theoretical.
- You think solution oriented. You work with an eye for detail.
- You are eager to permanently develop yourself and gain new insights.
- Working in an international and growing family business.
- A competitive salary package including benefits and training.
- Room for initiative and responsibility.
- A team of great colleagues.
The job was saved
You can find your saved jobs on the homepage or in My Jobat.
To view them on other devices as well, just log in.
- Master (University or Higher Education Long Type)
- At least 2 years experience
- Dutch, English
- 30 November
Receive jobs by e-mail
Receive new 'Research & development' jobs straight to your mailbox.