Process- and Projectmanager Finance & Accounting
- Permanent, Full-time
Process- and Projectmanager Finance & Accounting
As one of Europe's larger insurance companies, Ageas concentrates its activities in Europe and Asia, which together make up the major part of the global insurance market.
It operates successful insurance businesses in Belgium, the UK, Luxembourg, France, Portugal, Turkey, China, Malaysia, India, Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Singapore, and the Philippines through a combination of wholly owned subsidiaries and long term partnerships with strong financial institutions and key distributors.
You will work in the Group Finance & Control (CFO) Department of Ageas. This Department is responsible for financial management (= corporate accounting, consolidation and financial reporting) and performance management (= strategic business controlling and financial controlling) for Ageas Group.
Your position is situated within the “Program and Information Systems” team of the CFO Department, a team counting 8 to 10 colleagues.
This job opening is an expert position at corporate level. You will work autonomous on your own domains of responsibility, namely:
- As a process manager within the CFO Department, you will be the sole responsible for the E2E (end-to-end) knowledge management of all processes and procedures that run through the CFO Department, or that transversally connect with it.
- As a business project manager you will also manage and implement specific change projects within the CFO Department.
- You will make your knowledge readily available to the organization and the CFO Department by participating in various tasks and assignments in process improvement or project management.
More elaborately described, your job responsibilities will consist of the following:
- You build up extensive and in-depth knowledge of the processes and procedures within the CFO Department and you map out processes by conducting interviews with the business (ARIS process mapping tool). Within the CFO Department you will be ultimately responsible for keeping the process documentation up-to-date.
- You approach and (re)view processes and procedures from an E2E perspective. You detect opportunities to improve efficiency or quality on the basis of your own process research or you gather and review change ideas and change requests from business users.
- You will act as a business project manager in change projects: by conducting pre-studies (determining the scope, impact on current processes, project risks, timing, budgets, resource planning,…), by effectively managing projects in a senior role or by taking care of change management communication towards the business.
- You will also hold a key-role in the coordination and realization of the closing of financial results at Ageas group level. You draw up a project plan for all stakeholders involved and you manage the consolidation project with an eye on a timely, efficient and qualitative realization of the consolidation. You evaluate the closing process with the various parties involved, including an afterwards post-mortem closing review. You detect improvement opportunities and adjust processes and procedures accordingly.
- You will be the liaison between the CFO Department and other Departments, such as Risk and Audit. You will participate in projects aimed at implementing Data Governance & Data Quality Frameworks, reviews on the Control Framework processes or the implementation of a GRC tool.
- ou hold a master's degree in Finance, Economics or Business administration.
- You have at least 5 to 10 years of experience (or more!).
- You have good knowledge of finance, accounting and consolidation processes.
- You have earlier experience with business analysis, process management and project management.
- Experience in the insurance or banking industry would be a strong asset, as well as your knowledge in Solvency 2, Asset reporting or the use of IT-applications for creating financial and risk reporting.
- You have a very good knowledge of English. Knowledge of Dutch or French is an asset.
- You have analytical skills, have process insight and an improvement-oriented attitude.
- Strong communication skills enable you to enter into a successful dialogue with various parties involved.
- In addition to analytical skills, you also have strategic insight. You are able to keep your E2E view at all times.
- You are able to work very independently and autonomously, but you can also work very well in a team.
This address could not be found.
We could not find a route between the two addresses.
The job was saved
You can find your saved jobs on the homepage or in My Jobat.
To view them on other devices as well, just log in.
- Master (University or Higher Education Long Type)
- Possibility to work from home: 3 days
- Group insurance
- Company car
- Petrol card
- Meal vouchers
- GSM & smartphone
- Internet cost / Subscription
- Individual hospital insurance
- Family hospital insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flat-rate allowance
- Eco Cheque
- Children daycare
- Check up
- Company meals at reduced prices
- Additional family benefits
- Additional paid leave
- Remote work
- Furlough leave
- 10 May
Receive jobs by e-mail
Receive new 'Finance' jobs in Brussels straight to your mailbox.