5 of 7Next
The Switch Laboratory is part of the VIB-KU Leuven Center for Brain & Disease Researchat the University of Leuven (Belgium), which ranks among the world’s top 50 universities.
The research of the Switch Laboratory investigates protein aggregation in disease in an endeavor to advance biological science via a combined approach of computational modeling and biophysical and cell biological experimentation.
Lab Technician – cell culture and molecular biology
- You possess at the minimum a degree in Biomedical or Biological Sciences (Professional Bachelor/Master/Engineer) or equivalent.
- Experience with purification of recombinant proteins from e.coli is essential.
- You should have experience with general molecular biology techniques including preparation of buffers, SDS PAGE, Western blotting.
- Experience with protein chromatography and biophysical analysis are advantageous
- You must be able to accurately compile and document your work, and help in the interpretation of results.
- You must be meticulous, self-motivated and independent, whilst being able to interact effectively with other members of the research team.
- You are proficient in written and spoken English.
- Access to state-of-the-art infrastructure
- A stimulating international research environment
- Competitive salary and benefits
- The position is initially for 12-18 months with the possibility of extension
- Starting Date: as soon as possible
Please use the VIB HR Application tool
Additional required information:
- detailed CV
- names and contact information of minimum 2 referees
- motivation letter describing your experience
For more information: please contact Hannah Wilkinson
Others also viewed
The job was saved
You can find your saved jobs on the homepage or in My Jobat.
To view them on other devices as well, just log in.
40 days left to apply
- Function type: Lab
- Sector: Science and Research
- Leuven (location)
- All jobs at VIB - Vlaams Instituut voor Biotechnologie