1 of 7Next
At the Information Technology Department, we embrace digital possibilities and are always ready to make it happen. We make a difference by choosing change and leading-edge innovation in digital and data technology that provides solutions for internal and external customers. The impact of our work is huge, no matter how small it starts.
Big Data Engineer
Big data? That’s peanuts for you! With your mega knowledge of Spark, Scala and Kafka Streams, you convert huge data flows into value for customers and shareholders. This means you are able to steer company decisions and boost customer experiences.
As a leading telecommunications company with its two feet in the digitization of our society, Telenet is eager to bring aboard (big) data-minded personalities that share our passion for turning tremendous amounts of data into value for our customers and shareholders through real-time, data&insights-driven product, service and business innovation. We are looking for a Big Data Architect to contribute to this process by shaping big data architecture, data governance, and data-democratisation within Telenet.
If this sounds like a nice proposition, here’s what you should have in store for us, and what we will have in store for you…
- Define and evangelize the short- and long-term vision on Big Data architecture in light of the increasing strategic importance and value of data within the company.
- Strike the right balance in the way data governance and information architecture is conducted for small- and large-scale data assets (i.e. level of automation, level of detail, coverage, long-term vs short-term focus, cost).
- Identify opportunities for unlocking business value from (integrating) Telenet’s data sources cross-departmentally.
- Collaborate with IT security and legal/compliance teams for similar deliverables on data security, privacy (GDPR) and compliance front.
- Design system architectures for real-time cost-effective (large-scale) data processing and routing.
- Proactively identify techniques that make our data assets easier to use or find.
- Democratise access to (large-scale) information assets for business users.
- Clear Communication: You are an excellent communicator and storyteller effectively tuning your delivery to your target audience, i.e. from engineer to C-level executive. You build up and maintain interpersonal relationships with ease.
- Big Data technology: You are experienced in existing and upcoming Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Flink, Cassandra, ELK, ...) and continuously keep in touch with new evolutions in the big data ecosystem.
- Business acumen: You are able to quickly grasp new business processes and have an aptitude for identifying the best ways to improve or enable those, using data.
- Visualisation: You know how turn data into insights by using the right, compelling visuals, underpinning your key message.
- Data ethics: With great power comes great responsibility. Privacy and ethics are top of mind.
- Pragmatic: You are pragmatic in your approach. You use the right techniques to provide the needed quality and detail while avoiding complex solutions.
This address could not be found.
We could not find a route between the two addresses.
Others also viewed
The job was saved
You can find your saved jobs on the homepage or in My Jobat.
To view them on other devices as well, just log in.
34 days left to apply
- Function type: Database
- Sector: ICT, Telecom and Internet
- Mechelen (location)
- All jobs at Telenet