1 of 3Next
Flanders Make is the strategic research centre for the manufacturing industry. From our sites in Lommel, Leuven and Kortrijk, we stimulate open innovation through excellent research.
Our purpose: realising a top-level research network in Flanders that delivers full support to the innovation projects of manufacturing companies. In this way, we want to contribute to new products and production processes that help to realise the vehicles, machines and factories of the future.
Because of our unique position between industry and research, our teams combine application and system proficiency with technological and scientific knowledge.
We focus on 4 key competences, all based on modelling and virtualisation:
- Decision & Control
- Design and optimisation
- Motion product specification, architecture and validation
- Flexible assembly specification, architecture and validation
In Industry 4.0 assembly cells, personalised products will be made using state-of-the-art technologies. Flanders Make wants to demonstrate future opportunities to manufacturing companies and aims to develop new concepts together with them.
Industry 4.0 production lines from design to realisation
We set up demonstration labs in industry-driven living labs. Together with a small research team, you conceive how new production lines and assembly cells can be designed and built, how production lines are automated and/or robots and cobots programmed.
While your team members share their expertise about production systems, Virtual & Augmented Reality, software architecture, mechatronics, etc. with you, you will assume the role of automation and/or robotics engineer.
- As automation engineer, you must design solid prototype production lines. You help to build them and ensure their programming and monitoring.
- As a robotics programmer, you will select the robots (robots, cobots, mobile robots...) that are most suited for the assembly cell, programme them and make sure they work well.
We are looking for:
- An enthusiastic engineer in Robotics, Automation, Electromechanical Engineering or any other relevant domain;
- with knowledge and background in programming PLC systems, controllers and controls (Siemens, Allen Bradley, TIA Portal...), Scada...
- with experience in or affinity with robotics and robot controls (FANUC, ABB, Stauebli...);
- who shows initiative and guts to develop new concepts together with his/her colleagues;
- who also wants to realise the robotics or automation concepts;
- who can listen well but also assesses and adjusts his/her own work with a critical eye;
- who proudly presents the results to the Flanders Make network and beyond;
- who is keen to develop his/her own talents and to gradually take up more responsibilities.
The projects that you will contribute to bring technology to the production area of companies and support operators (both ergonomically and cognitively) in their increasingly complex job.
You will, for instance, work on dynamic work instructions for operators, multimedia applications (smart glasses, projection, smart displays) at the workplace, intuitive robots that interact with operators and virtual reality training sessions...
This animated film illustrates how Flanders Make sees operators functioning in the factory of the future, working side by side with cobots and autonomous mobile robots. All research starts from a generic theoretical point of view with one or more business cases that require a working prototype.
To apply for this job opportunity, please complete the online application form and download your motivation letter and CV.
This address could not be found.
We could not find a route between the two addresses.
Others also viewed
The job was saved
You can find your saved jobs on the homepage or in My Jobat.
To view them on other devices as well, just log in.
47 days left to apply
- Function type: Scientist
- Sector: Science and Research
- Kortrijk/Lommel/Leuven (flexdesk)
- All jobs at Flanders Make vzw
- Group insurance
- Meal vouchers
- GSM & smartphone