- USG Professionals
- Permanent, Full-time
USG Professionals connects the expertise and ambitions of highly educated professionals with the challenges of clients, in six different fields: Engineering, Science, ICT, HR, Legal and Finance. We help our clients with temporary needs (outsourcing) and with the permanent filling of open positions (recruitment).
Are you looking for variation in your job and do you have an affinity with one of our specialist areas? Then this function is also made for you!
Our client's brand name includes several propositions:
- “Self-Directed Platform” or “Retail Broker platform” that allows customers to invest in various products (shares, options, etc.) on various exchanges. This platform is the largest online investment platform in Belgium known for its abundance of content, analyst ratings and education.
- Crowdfunding / Lending - The platform where scale-ups can raise money from investors outside the regulated market.
- ETF-based robo-advice platform or "Smart Investment Assistant" for experienced investors who don't have the time, but want to stay in control.
Our client continues to invest in preparing their platforms for the future. They focus on functional improvements, technological innovations, further automation and increased performance and stability in order to be able to continue to serve the influx of new customers smoothly.
The ICT department
This unit provides the ICT services for Investment Services of which this platform is a part. They are responsible for the maintenance of existing applications and the work preparation and realization of challenging projects. They are responsible for the architecture of their platforms and the development of the integration layers and some micro services. They are organized in 2 Safe (Scaled Agile) teams with a good mix of ICT and business profiles. They work closely with an external party that is responsible for the development of our public websites and (web) apps and with other colleagues who are responsible for their back-end
As a Software Engineer you will work closely with the Product Owners, System Architect and your direct colleagues in the team and you will often work together with colleagues from Systems, Back-End development and our external ICT partners. You translate the needs of the end user into technical implementations and you help determine the architecture, the frameworks and technologies used.
You are able to work out more challenging concepts such as the security model, streaming implementation, …. They are evolving more towards the DEVOPS team, which means that the following tasks are discussed:
- Setting up applications in our client supported cloud environments, developing a build street and maintaining/monitoring their applications.
- Developing new applications/web services, monitoring the quality of the code developed and release management.
- In other words, you are an all-rounder who deals with all aspects of software development.
You have a high sense of responsibility and you are able to tackle assignments independently and in a team. You have a very flexible mindset and have no problem stepping out of your comfort zone and continuously learning new technology. You are aware of the recent and proven technologies on the market and are able to form a technical and architectural vision.
You also have knowledge and experience in the following domains:
- Expert in object-oriented and functional programming in modern programming languages.
- Strong experience with development RESTful web services, JSON, …
- Good knowledge of encryption, security and authentication protocols (oAuth, OpenID connect, …)
- Very good knowledge of software development best practices:
- Design patterns
- Unit testing, continuous integration, build pipelines (grunt, gulp)
- Code analysis (Sonar)
- Experience with development of front-end applications in Angular is a plus but not a must
- Databases: PostgreSQL, Oracle
- Experience with PAAS/IAAS platforms and cloud infrastructure (Azure, AWS)
- Operating system: Linux, OS X, …
- Focus on quality, performance, security and stability
- Has coaching skills and treats structural knowledge transfer as a priority, as well as documentation.
- Experience in an agile development environment
- You are good at multitasking and you can work under strict deadlines
- You are flexible, social, creative and communicate clearly
- You have a diploma in computer science or computer science
- You have a good knowledge of English.
You will have the opportunity to be part of a fast-growing company with a clear vision and you will be supported by a team of experts who are ready to achieve the objectives together with you. You will work in a pleasant, positive atmosphere within a strong and professional company. We offer you a training programme tailored to your own pace and ambitions. You will receive a competitive salary package with a lot of extra legal benefits such as a company car, daily allowance, telephone contract, hospitalization insurance, ... As a creative employee, we can also grant you copyright allowances. But above all, we ensure that your future is secure and that you can work with the latest technologies. If you are hesitating between a job as an employee or as a freelancer, we can also guide you so that you can take the step to freelancing in all confidence.
This address could not be found.
We could not find a route between the two addresses.
The job was saved
You can find your saved jobs on the homepage or in My Jobat.
To view them on other devices as well, just log in.
- Professional bachelor (Higher Education Short Type)
- At least 5 years experience
- 3 November
Receive jobs by e-mail
Receive new 'Application development' jobs in Brussels straight to your mailbox.