What you’ll do
In this role located in Volvo Car Ghent, you will be a key player challenging suppliers to continuously improve their Q&D performance in running production.
Together with your colleagues in the Global Category Team, R&D colleagues, and suppliers, you are responsible for secure that supplier issues are handled swiftly and robustly.
As a person you need to dare to question the status quo or specific paths with stakeholders, suppliers, people; and work proactively to build better understanding and work for common solutions.
In this role, you will contribute to the company´s growth as well to your own personal and professional development.
• Take the lead for activities connected to escalated Quality and Delivery incidents in 0 km.
• Take the lead for activities connected to supplier-related Quality incidents in the field.
• Identify, coordinate, and drive activities at the Current Model Quality (CMQ) Team (VRT and QAL), related to supplier manufacturing process quality concerns during analysis, problem-solving, and corrective action implementation phase towards final resolution cross commodities (whole car), set limits for the breakpoint for deliveries of corrected parts.
• Drive supplier’s continuous improvements according to the Escalated Supplier Process (ESP).
• Understands different organizations, procedures, cultures, and industry standards to manage input from local and global parties.
• Identify and resolve serious quality deviations, Stop Shipments. Drive to solutions and communicate progress in the organization.
• Assist in Warranty Cost Recovery activities and Customer Satisfaction improvements by delivering ICA and PCA solutions to Volvo Cars and customers.
• Judge, with a high level of ability, supplier solutions, and improvements related to ICA/PCA.
The location for this role is Ghent, Belgium.
What you’ll bring
• Knowledge of SPM tools and processes
• Ability to drive collaboration cross functionally
• Team player, good social abilities
• High level of communication skills and presentation techniques
• Good knowledge of information structure, usability, and communication using available communication channels
• Good skills in MS Office, Share Point
• Fluent in English (written & spoken)
• Cross functional experience
• Cross cultural skills and ability to work in an international environment
• Business or Technical University degree
You have experience in Quality and/or Engineering work (3-5 years) including supplier performance assurance.
The mobility industry is changing rapidly, and the competitive environment and our company's strategy might change fast. Therefore, we are not only valuing your previous experience and competencies but also your personality and your passion to develop and embrace unknown future challenges and business setups.
Most important is that you share our values, truly believe in, are motivated by our purpose, and have an honest ambition to join a dynamic team that is deeply committed to transforming and progressing the consumer experience in the mobility industry at a global scale.
Want to know more? We hope so
We’d love to receive and review your application, but latest March 26th but selection will be running continuously.
If you want more information about the role and its responsibilities or simply learn a bit more about the team, please reach out to the hiring manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
or the recruiter at email@example.com
Please note due to GDPR we only accept applications via our Recruitment Tool.