Line Aircraft Maintenance Controller
- Jefferson Wells
- Permanent, Full-time
Line Aircraft Maintenance Controller
Line Maintenance Controller
It is not uncommon for an aircraft in operation to encounter technical problems. It is important to be able to provide the right answers, to see if the plane can still fly and if it is impossible to do everything to fix it by finding the right solutions in short times. This is the role of the Line Maintenance Controller.
What are your responsibilities?
To supervise the daily (line/light) maintenance operations and pro-actively takes the necessary actions with relevant parties to secure all (Short Haul, Long Haul) fleets, and follow-up with MCC’s of 3rd Parties/Other carriers to ensure their fleets, all operate according to the required flight schedules in the Networks. To align all parties to jointly achieve making the aircraft available in the required configuration (9P, 10P, etc) at the dispatch reliability targets and balanced efficiency with the compliance to safety/airworthiness requirements, at optimal cost level.
During the duty shift the Line Maintenance Controller takes the lead/takes decisions to ensure an adequate preparation with sourcing/ordering parts/tooling, the availability of sufficient skilled resources and downtime to execute scheduled Maintenance work, troubleshooting, repairs and/or recovery missions. Through direct communication or the Daily Maintenance meetings, gives direction to assigned Line/Light maintenance planners, Fleet Advisors/Support Group specialists, AOG desk members and relevant MRO contacts and ensure an adequate daily maintenance operation in Liège and at outstations.
To optimize the availability of relevant information and build strong relations with local MROs, perform occasional surveillance duties on the ramp/in hangar to ensure an optimal communication/timeline management on issues that arise during daily/night/weekend operations and/or likewise with the supervision on the completion of executed repairs and the associated quality of paperwork for release.
Who are you ?
• Licensed B1 (or) /B2 engineer with at least 10 years’ experience, or equivalent
• Good understanding of OEM manuals (AMM/SRM/SSM), applicable Part145/-M regulations.
• Negotiation/convincing skills, work systematically, analytic, and ability to improvise/creative.
• Ability to collect relevant information, apply clear/neutral judgement, set priorities, to take decisions.
• Excellent communication skills with all levels/different cultures, clear formulation, ability to listen.
• Helicopter view, ability to work under pressure (deal with stress), chair meetings.
• Ability to find (alternative) solutions with others/drive others to a coordinated common goal.
• Discipline and ability to edit and timely provide accurate/concise highlight reports
• Computer literate with good administration skills, familiar with MS office (AMOS is a pré).
• Fluent technical and conversational English/French (preferred) both written and spoken.
• To maintain a professional environment, respecting confidentiality, Company/Aircraft data security.
• To take initiative to propose areas of improvement.
•Leadership; can represent the company.
What can you expect?
You will have an important role in a fast-growing company. You will receive a competitive package regarding your responsibilities.
Interested? Don't hesitate to apply. We are just waiting for your application to discuss your professional future.
This address could not be found.
We could not find a route between the two addresses.
The job was saved
You can find your saved jobs on the homepage or in My Jobat.
To view them on other devices as well, just log in.
- Master (University or Higher Education Long Type)
- 17 December
Receive jobs by e-mail
Receive new 'Production process responsible ' jobs in Liège straight to your mailbox.