9 of 13Next
Our client is a dynamic and growing company, internationally oriented and one of the world leaders in its field of activity for 50 years. The company designs and manufactures a wide range of electromechanical equipment.
For its headquarter based in Wavre (Belgium), our client is currently seeking a IT System Engineer (M/F).
IT System Engineer
As IT System Engineer you are responsible for resolving escalated service issues, coaching other engineers or team members to resolutions, engineering, implementing and maintaining complex projects, and overseeing the technology in place.
This role is a key position within the service department and will be called upon to resolve the highest level technical issues.
The candidate must be able to travel to the different group subsidiaries a couple of times per year (France, Canada, Spain, UK).
Provide technical services and support for the following areas:
- Network: connectivity, routers, firewalls, proxy and security
- Internal systems and network infrastructure.
- Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SQL
- Virtualization technologies: Microsoft HyperV
- Remote access solution support: VPN, Terminal Services, Fortinet , Sophos Cyberoam
- Remote monitoring and management of system alerts and notifications
- Work level 3 escalated support issues with the appropriate partners
- Perform system and network maintenance & assessments,
- Work with the existing team to solve level 2 and level 3 issues
- Backup for Level 1 support
- Help design and implement IT projects and solutions for internal clients
- Document maintenance for all computer systems and network infrastructure
- Be available for other members of the team and coach them to resolution
- You have a Bachelor or Master in Computer Sciences or equivalent experience
- Qualified candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of experience working in a similar role
- Required Advanced Technical Proficiencies: Hyper-V, SQL, and Terminal Services, Exchange Server 2008 - 2016, Windows Server 2008 - 2019, WAN Technology, Fortinet, Security software such as Anti-virus, Anti-SPAM, Anti-Spyware, and other security related technologies
- Nice to have technical proficiencies: MCSA Server 2016, MCSE Server Infrastructure, Advanced networking skills, PowerShell, Veam, ITIL
- Good knowledge of French and English are required both written and spoken - French work environment
- You are client oriented and have a great sense of service.
- You are organized and rigorous
- Autonomous while being a team player, you have a positive mindset and you are an active personality
- Good stress management
- Tasks and results oriented, you take responsibility/initiative/ownership of projects
- You are an analytical thinker/Problem Solver/Decision Maker
- You have excellent time management/Resource management
- Innovative and creative, you have a problem solving mind.
Keywords: Hyper-V, SQL, Terminal Services, Exchange Server 2008 - 2016, Windows Server 2008 - 2019, WAN Technology, Fortinet, Sophos Cyberoam, Security software, Anti-virus, Anti-SPAM, Anti-Spyware, technologies, MCSA Server 2016, MCSE Server Infrastructure, Powershell, Veam, Itil, technical support, system infrastructure, technicien helpdesk, helpdesk agent, IT system engineer, service desk engineer, technical engineer, it support, helpdesk support, helpdesk technician, helpdesk engineer, infrastructure system, infrastructure system engineer, it infrastructure, level 3, IT projects and solutions
- Exciting and innovative work in a dynamic team.
- A fixed contract within a company with a growing international dimension. The development projects up to 2020 make it a company where the challenges are numerous.
- The opportunity to integrate a company that has kept its family character in parallel with its growth and its market position where each of its employees plays an important role.
- A salary up to your responsibilities.
To apply for this function in 1 STEP: Prepare your CV, Click on "APPLY NOW" and upload your CV.
Apply now !
Contact person: Virginie Hoorelbeke
Others also viewed
The job was saved
You can find your saved jobs on the homepage or in My Jobat.
To view them on other devices as well, just log in.
36 days left to apply
- Function type: System analysis
- Sector: Industry and machine construction
- Waver (location)
- All jobs via Profile Group
- Bachelor following Bachelor
- At least 5 years experience
- English, French