Popular jobs in Application development:
- .Net Software Eng. / Zelfstandig / Inspraak / Flex. werkuren
- DevOps Engineer
- Deep Learning & Data Engineer - AI Industry - Charleroi Area
- Developer VR and AR applications for manufacturing industry (Leuven, Kortrijk, or Lommel)
- Polyvalent C# backend Software Engineer
Interesting jobs in your mailbox every week? Complete your CV on Jobat and subscribe to Jobat Express.
Alcomotive is part of the Belgian ALCOPA Group and employs 400 staff members. The main activities are the import and distribution of four Asian car brands (Hyundai, Suzuki, SsangYong and Isuzu) and 6 motorcycle brands being Suzuki, Benelli, Peugeot Scooters, Derbi, Tomos and SYM.
Alcomotive is an organization with ambition. The long-term relationship with our customers, distributors and suppliers is key to our success. Based on its strong position in Belgium, Switzerland, Poland, Germany, France, Portugal, The Netherlands and Luxembourg, Alcomotive aims to further develop its automotive business.
IT Application (Support) Specialist
As IT application (support) specialist you play a key role in the successful realization of various improvements to our company’s internally or externally developed line of business applications. A position which involves close interaction with the business stakeholders as well as with the IT supplier(s). You will also be closely involved in the future implementation of new line of business applications which is the main purpose of opening this position.
:: Main tasks and responsibilities
- Capture requirements through interactions with the business as well as own analysis and translate these to application solutions including implementation and end-to-end testing
- Document the business and/or functional requirements and identify the best technical approach in close collaboration with the development colleagues
- Ensure the maintenance and further development of externally developed applications (e.g. management reporting dashboards, workflow application) in cooperation with the suppliers
- Support but also challenge the application key users in optimizing business processes and application features
- Support and coach the end users in cooperation with the IT Helpdesk
- Report issues and challenges to the IT Management
- Guarantee a correct application user management, security and authorizations.
- A Bachelor degree in IT or similar degree with a strong IT or business focus
- 3 to 5 years of experience as an IT or Business analyst within a commercial environment
- Analytical mindset with attention to detail
- A broad interest in IT with a desire to take on technical challenges
- Practical and hands-on problem-solver with customer-friendly attitude
- Past participation in (agile) software development or implementation projects
- Experience with data modeling and Business intelligence (BI) is a plus
- Experience with supplier relations and management is considered an asset
- Excellent communication skills in Dutch and English
- Microsoft Office skills to visualize and present potential solutions (in PowerPoint, Visio), document requirements (in Word) and make for example cost simulations (in Excel)
- Willingness to learn new RAD or low-code application modelling environments
Send your CV and motivation letter to HR@alcomotive.com
Others also viewed
This job is not available
- Function type: Application development
- Sector: ICT, Telecom and Internet
- Kontich (location)
- All jobs at Alcomotive
- Professional bachelor (Higher Education Short Type)
- At least 2 years experience
- Dutch, English