INEOS is a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, specialty chemicals and oil products, with sales today of around $60 billion. It comprises 34 businesses each with a major chemical company heritage. Its production network spans 168 sites in 26 countries throughout the world where it employs around 21.000 people.
Our site located in Lillo, Antwerp, which is part of the Business Unit Ineos O&P Europe North, is responsible for the development and growth of the specialties High Density Polyethylene and Polypropylene markets for Ineos.
We are looking for a Construction Supervisor, who will be based at our site located in Lillo-Antwerp.
The Construction Supervisor, who reports to the Construction Manager of the Lillo Site, oversees the construction activities, is heavily involved in work preparations, planning, organizing and controlling projects and is responsible for supervising the contractors and staff while maintaining a safe work environment.
The jobholder ensures that:
- the latest HSE requirements are followed and that the construction phase of projects happens in close contact with internal customers: plant representatives, procurement, maintenance, HSE department and Engineering department.
- the coordination between the different contractor companies and engineering company is assured to deliver the projects within the proposed timing.
- the availability of the installations (TAR’s, production planning etc.) are determined and agreed upon in order to be able to implement projects.
- third party inspection organizations are required in order to assure the quality in relation to the local regulations and laws applicable.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Makes sure that the projects are constructed taking into account the latest HSE standards in close consultation with HSE department, the internal customer and the project engineer.
- Maintains a safe, secure and healthy work environment.
- Prepares and issues (in close cooperation with operations) the work permits including start work meetings.
- Allocates resources, materials, sub-contractors and other staff on a daily basis (e.g. scaffolding, mobile crane and fire guard needs).
- Monitors performance of sub-contractors and staff on a daily basis (proactive quality assurance).
- Witness hydrostatic pressure tests, pneumatic pressure tests, loop tests and other tests which should be witnessed on the basis of the quality control plan.
- Executes punching prior to mechanical completion.
- Ensures the execution of projects within agreed timing, budget and quality standards.
- Assists during the pre-commissioning and commissioning activities of projects.
- Tracks the execution of HSE requirements from HAZOP’s, punch lists etc.
- Bachelor degree or equal by experience.
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years of experience in general construction
- Experience in supervising construction projects
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, schematics, and construction documents
- Understanding of proper safety procedures and recognition of hazards
- Perfect knowledge of Dutch, good knowledge of English
- The ability to set priorities and exercise flexibility where necessary
- A positive attitude and willingness to encourage co-workers
- Excellent communications skills
- Is a good team player and has the ability to motivate contractors
- Is able to let people with different background and disciplines work together
- Can work independently and accurately
- Can manage different tasks / projects at the same time
- Actively participates in achieving the HSE objectives
Sent a letter of motivation and a C.V. to Christine Goris, HR Manager, Scheldelaan 482 – haven 647, 2040 Lillo-Antwerpen, e-mail: email@example.com
This address could not be found.
We could not find a route between the two addresses.
Others also viewed
This job is not available
- Function type: Quality manager
- Sector: Chemistry and Pharmacie
- Berendrecht-Zandvliet-Lillo (location)
- All jobs at Ineos Manufacturing Belgium