4 of 5Next
Improving road safety, in conjunction with mobility, safety in the community and, now, healthcare as well. Those are the aims of Vias institute as a major Belgian knowledge centre.
Vias institute has a dynamic and multidisciplinary team that focuses on conducting research, providing advice and developing innovative applications. To achieve its aims, Vias works closely with other research institutions, the public, policymakers and companies, both at home and abroad.
Computational Data Scientist
Vias institute’s Data Solutions team works towards scalable data applications that can be integrated as cloud services within our customers’ operational flows. We integrate different kinds of data sources, from our own applications, open portals or our partners and we process them to new insights using modern algorithms.As a computationele data scientist, you bare responsibility for the development and implementation of various automated ETL and analytical operations within the VIAS big data cloud platform. Together with data engineers, you work on scalable analytical cloud services for both internal and external customers. You are a problem solver and to this end, you can apply various state-of-the-art statistical learning algorithms creatively. You have a solid mathematical background with a passion for applied data analytics.
- You are experienced in applied data analysis and data science
- You have a broad knowledge of statistical learning algorithms, both in the domains of classical statistics and machine learning/AI
- You have knowledge of neural networks, their application and implementation
- You have a broad experience in one or more of the following programming: Python, R, Scala
- Experience in Cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure or GCP is a plus
- Experience in big data technologies Hadoop, MapReduce or Apache Spark is a plus
- Experience with notebook technologies such as Jupyter is a plus
- You have knowledge of data pipelines, ETL-processes and SQL/no-SQL database systems.
- You are eager to learn new technologies through internal training and self study
- You are pragmatic, customer oriented and a real team player
Others also viewed
The job was saved
You can find your saved jobs on the homepage or in My Jobat.
To view them on other devices as well, just log in.
44 days left to apply
- Function type: It architecture
- Sector: Government and Social Profit
- All jobs at Vias institute
- Professional bachelor (Higher Education Short Type)
- Limited experience (< 2 years)
- Dutch, English