- USG Professionals
- Permanent, Full-time
Our Client, one of the largest shipyard in Belgium, is looking for a Estimator. Their focus is on ship maintenance and repairs, hull treatment and marine construction. As a growing company, located in Antwerp, they have a leading position in Europe.
As Estimator (Calculator) these will be your responsibilities:
- You analyze the received repair specifications from the clients.
- Based on the received info you execute calculations and preparations of the total quotation. Excel is your friend for this matter.
- To obtain the correct prices for the estimation file you get full responsibility for contacting vendor and review the received offers.
- Estimating required working hours and materials.
- Before sending out the final quotation you have contact with all parties. With clients for additional required information internally with the management to finish the offer.
- Follow up and responding to client's queries and adjust and / or update the file were necessary.
You will have close contact with colleagues of the estimation, commercial and technical departments.
what can you offer?
- A Degree in marine engineering or a similar work experience.
- Experience in the ship repair business and good knowledge of ships and ship systems.
- Strong English (technical) language skills since you will work in an international environment. Do you speak other languages? Great!
- You are a pro in MS Office, more specifically in Excel.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Motivated & willing to learn, you are a team player and you don't have a “Nine-to-Five” mentality.
What is offered to you?
- Your range of duties is supplemented with an extensive salary package.
- You will get the opportunity to work in a dynamic and exciting environment of a shipyard.
- As well as working in the largest dry dock facility in Belgium.
- You will be welcomed in an open, warm and communicative environment. Team spirit is a key factor of the success!
- Excellent career opportunities, for personal growth.
The job was saved
You can find your saved jobs on the homepage or in My Jobat.
To view them on other devices as well, just log in.
- Professional bachelor (Higher Education Short Type)
- At least 2 years experience
- Dutch, English
- 23 March
Receive jobs by e-mail
Receive new 'Development & management' jobs in Antwerp straight to your mailbox.