At BASF Antwerp, we are working towards a future-proof company. To become this, we will run entirely on green energy as from 2023 and we have the aspiration to be the first climate neutral chemical site. Would you like to contribute to a sustainable future within a warm team? Then you are the one we are looking for. Join us as Automation engineer and help us to reach these goals!
The many process control systems and safety systems are in strong focus for modernization and optimization, considering the latest technological developments. Therefore, the site-central department for automation system services, supporting the many production plants on the site, is looking for an automation engineer to help execute the activities regarding automation and digitalization.
You will be part of a strong team where your current expertise is greatly valued and you are allowed and encouraged to continue your growth in interaction with other motivated technical experts. We look forward to your contribution!
As Automation Engineer you will advise- and support in the development of process automation- and safety solutions, mainly with focus on DCS. You build up the expertise, required and beneficial for the development of our high-end chemical production plants. You help to define and implement the future vision. The knowledge will be used in the context of several types of projects, which can be green field, partial or complete migrations, expansions, upgrades, modernizations, plant modifications, optimizations, etc.
In collaboration with a motivated team the following tasks will be your responsibility:
- Provide project support, such as user requirements specification, bid clarification and evaluation, follow-up during project execution, scope change management, etc.
- You will follow-up on technical (r-)evolutions within the automation market (systems, vendors etc.).
- You will explore new vendor technologies/products and assess the benefits for BASF.
- You will have the opportunity to interact with and learn from many different production plants and departments. This will allow you to build up strong site relations that will strengthen your future career within BASF, both in Antwerp and globally.
- You will establish regular consultation moments, both vendor- and technology oriented.
- The target groups are the different user communities: Asset-, Maintenance- and Process Managers, maintenance-supervisors, central services' specialists and colleagues from engineering.
- You are strongly involved in the Technical Community (top-down and bottom-up), both locally and globally.
- In cooperation with the System Administrators you will proactively work on life cycle follow-ups and evaluate, develop and implement concepts for improvement (LCC, TCO).
- In close contact with other ICT specialists you will supervise the application of current regulations and guidelines related to cybersecurity.
- You will address occurring problems and/or vulnerabilities and you will offer necessary corrective actions and will follow-up on the implementation.
We are number one in chemistry worldwide thanks to our intelligent solutions for customers and for a sustainable future. Our 3500 colleagues together form a diverse team and specialize in production, logistics, technology, laboratory, energy management, but also safety, environment, communication and so on. Our diversity makes us stronger! In addition, at BASF we create careers, there is also a wide range of career opportunities, in Belgium and internationally.
Become part of the best team!
Can you feel the chemistry? Apply now to be part of our high-tech organization via the button below and we will contact you as soon as possible.