5 of 12Next
The polymer PET (polyethylene terephthalate), well-known from PET bottles, but also used for food trays and for film, is the polymer that leads the way when it comes to efficient collection, sorting and recycling. Petcore Europe is the association that for more than 25 years has been striving for this success.
Are you, like we are, convinced that plastics play a key role in our society ? Are you, like we are, convinced that plastics should and can be part of the circular economy ? Do you want to be the motor that makes this happen for PET ? Then this is an opportunity for you !
Petcore was founded in 1993. Representing the entire value chain of the polymer PET (polyethylene terephthalate), it is the place where all actors meet and cooperate to promote recycling and recyclability of the polymer.
The success of Petcore can be measured by the increase of PET recycling from nearly zero in 1993 to 60% in 2019. PET is already considered to be the most sustainable plastic, both by the plastics industry and by the public opinion. Yet at Petcore Europe we are committed to push its recycling up to 100%.
We have the expertise and the network, we need you in our team to make it happen.
Technical Project Manager for PET in the Circular Economy
- coordinate the technical working groups and public workshops of Petcore Europe,
- manage projects for improved PET recycling technology,
- promote PET recyclability and recycling (both mechanical and chemical),
- develop and coordinate the ‘PET Design for Recycling program’,
- build the expertise on plastics recycling and share this with Petcore stakeholders,
- and follow the latest market trends and all new EU and local regulations.
- passion for the role of PET in the circular economy,
- a strong technical background in polymer science,
- a first professional experience in the plastics industry,
- a curious mind and a talent for networking,
- autonomy and planning,
- and, of course, fluency in English and skills in MS office software.
- a flexible and dynamic working environment,
- the challenging job to push PET into the circular economy,
- daily contacts with the key players of our industry, covering the complete value chain,
- and a full time CID with an attractive salary package, including a number of fringe benefits.
Avenue de Broqueville 12
1150 Brussels, Belgium
+32 (0) 2 315 24 88
Others also viewed
The job was saved
You can find your saved jobs on the homepage or in My Jobat.
To view them on other devices as well, just log in.
50 days left to apply
- Function type: (bio)chemistry
- Sector: Chemistry and Pharmacie
- All jobs at Petcore Europe
- Master (University or Higher Education Long Type)
- Limited experience (< 2 years)