Personal Assistant (full-time)
- Allen & Overy Belgium LLP
- Permanent, Full-time
Personal Assistant (full-time)
The nature of law is changing and with that change brings unique opportunities. With our collaborative working culture, flexibility, and a commitment to your progress, we build rewarding careers. By joining our global team, you are supported by colleagues from around the world. If you're ready for a new challenge, it's time to seize the opportunity.
We are looking for a full-time personal assistant (37.5 hours/week) for our Brussels office. As a personal assistant, you provide vital support to several lawyers, allowing them to focus on their legal work. PA support is becoming an increasingly sophisticated, varied and demanding job, requiring an intensive use of technology and a wide range of creative, administrative, organisational and technical skills. You will be expected to deal with a variety of tasks efficiently and independently. As the flow of a corporate deal can be capricious, agility and flexibility are key for lawyers and PAs alike.
Role and responsibilities
You are the lawyers' first port of call for a wide variety of queries and requests, and as such, your role involves a multitude of tasks:
- Managing the lawyers' calendars, mailboxes and contacts in a proactive manner. This includes scheduling appointments and conference calls, booking meeting rooms and restaurants, and liaising with our dedicated agent for travel and hotel reservations;
- Managing incoming mail and telephone calls;
- Preparing, processing and virtual filing correspondence, legal documents and reports (Word, Excel);
- Creating high-impact presentations for meetings and seminars (PowerPoint);
- Liaising with our marketing department for the organisation of client events and the preparation of mailings;
- Preparing and submitting the lawyers' expense notes, processing incoming invoices and liaising with our accounting department as well as reviewing the lawyers' time entries in preparation of billing.
- You have an excellent command of English, French and Dutch (both written and verbal);
- You are flexible and able to build relationships with various stakeholders;
- You are accurate and resilient;
- You are dynamic and willing to take initiative;
- You have very good organisational skills.
We believe our positive, team-oriented culture sets us apart. You will be embraced by a diverse, open-minded, talented, multicultural team challenging you to bring out the best version of yourself. The focus will be on your personal and professional development.
In addition, we offer a highly competitive remuneration package in line with your qualifications and experience (including luncheon vouchers, an employee assistance programme (EAP), in-house self-service restaurant, free public transportation, an insurance package, extra-legal holidays, sports facilities etc.).
Please upload your CV and cover letter by clicking 'apply for job'. We look forward to receiving your application!
The job was saved
You can find your saved jobs on the homepage or in My Jobat.
To view them on other devices as well, just log in.
- Academic Bachelor
- Dutch, English, French
- 6 November
Receive jobs by e-mail
Receive new 'Administration and support, Management assistant / secretary' jobs in Brussels straight to your mailbox.