- Applied Materials Belgium N.V.
- Permanent, Fixed-term, Full-time
1801168 Customer Engineer
- Is proficient on primary toolset and demonstrates ability to acquire additional systems and applications. Performs startup activities through Tier II with limited support. Able to complete qualifications with minimal assistance.
- Completes quality repairs. Actively responds to fab issues by communicating with engineers in other locations and participating in escalation conference calls. May initiate or participate in projects to drive down costs or increase uptime. Ability to carry out action plans and report findings. Verifies operational quality of system equipment.
- Follows all checklists and procedures and ensures correct Revs of procedures and schematics are available prior to performing work. May identify procedural issues.
- Can perform most retrofits on equipment. Assists in process issues.
- Applies diagnostic techniques and the use of documentation and test equipment with assistance from senior engineers.
- Assumes responsibility for full customer satisfaction assuring excellent relations within assigned area. Demonstrates strong interest and knowledge of the customer’s business. Builds and maintains customer satisfaction through clear, consistent communication and the sharing of collective knowledge. Is consistently able to operate in high pressure or ambiguous situations. Solicits customer feedback. Understands the impact of various actions/decisions on the account. Is aware of potential dissatisfies and escalates as appropriate. Develops and executes corrective action plans.
- Performs BKM’s. Actively engages in the use of knowledge management systems. Complies with all IP guidelines.
- Complies with all safety procedures and consistently demonstrates safety as a value.
- Associate degree or bachelor’s degree
- Customer support experience is an advantage (but not prerequisite)
- Solid technical background in industrial electronics, electro-mechanics, control systems or similar
- Hands-on mentality
- Fluent in English, local language preferred (Flemish or French)
- High flexibility in terms of working time, shift coverage included (not the standard though)
- Driven by technical affinity, interest
- Capability to analyze, solve and document technical problems using established methodologies
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the working time
Years of Experience:
4 - 7 Years
Yes, 25% of the Time
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Interested in this position?
We are happy to get in touch with you! You can send your application by using the "Apply" button.
Applied Materials is the leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into reality. At Applied Materials, our innovations make possible the technology shaping the future.
This address could not be found.
We could not find a route between the two addresses.
The job was saved
You can find your saved jobs on the homepage or in My Jobat.
To view them on other devices as well, just log in.
- Professional bachelor (Higher Education Short Type)
- 3 August
Receive jobs by e-mail
Receive new 'Installation & maintenance engineers' jobs straight to your mailbox.