PSA Antwerp / MPET / ATS: One team in the port of Antwerp
PSA is a leading global port group, specialized in container handling. The group handles approximately 200,000 containers on a daily basis, spread across Asia, America and Europe with flagship operations in Singapore and Antwerp.
In Antwerp, PSA operates three container terminals: two are 100% PSA-owned (Noordzee terminal and Europa terminal) and one is a joint venture with TIL (MSC): the MSC PSA European Terminal (MPET).
Together, PSA and MPET handle more than 80% of the total container volume in Antwerp.
In 2015, PSA Antwerp and MPET established the subsidiary company Antwerp Terminal Services (ATS) to integrate operational activities in a joint structure. ATS supports both companies in the following areas: technical services, HSSE (Safety, Health, Security and Environment) and barge planning.
Together, these three companies form a firm and strong group in the Port of Antwerp. Our terminals operate 24/7 as a dynamic and well-oiled machine, thanks to the teamwork of our 3,000 highly motivated employees. All with their own expertise but with a shared passion.
In order to build a future-proof organization, we are looking for a Transformation Program Manager.
TRANSFORMATION PROGRAM MANAGER at PSA Antwerp
The Transformation Program Manager (a newly created post) will be instrumental in the development and realization of the PSA Antwerp’s “Terminal of the Future” vision. The Program will consist of different cross-departmental projects with a focus on automation and new technologies, process innovation, digitization, the introduction of industry 4.0 technologies and so on.
• With your insight into new technologies and their possibilities, you will translate your vision into realistic chronological stages and design a roadmap to secure the successful delivery of this multi-year program.
• The roadmap will represent the intended direction of the program and chronologically define milestones, success criteria, key dependencies and priorities.
• You will first have to understand and later take into account the needs and worries of the different stakeholders and port authorities.
• You will translate this roadmap into inter-connected projects aligned with the overall vision and strategy. You will organize and monitor these projects, define priorities and validate the budget, program metrics and impacted KPIs.
• You will be responsible for the delivery of the program in terms of timing, budget and quality. You will therefore manage change and risks, recommend alternative approaches and seamlessly integrate all program components and make adjustments when necessary.
• You will establish a governance structure in order to track and report objectively on the progress of the projects to the stakeholders. This system will make it possible to manage information about updates, budgets, reviews for approval recommendations and KPIs.
• You will manage cross-functional teams in a complex matrix structure to discuss planning and priorities. You will inspire and support the project managers.
• The added value in this role is the pro-active identification of further opportunities and initiatives and the stimulation of interaction with stakeholders.
• A successful track record in automation and new technology program delivery, including change management
• People call you tech-savvy. You know your technologies, their opportunities and possibilities, but you always stay realistic and have a view on how to translate ideas into realizable projects (automation, digitization, industry 4.0 technologies, etc.)
• A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a program/project management role
• You are able to present your ideas in such a way that you inspire others, understand their needs and are able to align them (stakeholders, colleagues, etc.)
• You are motivated by the desire to see results, manage uncertainty and turn resistance into positive solutions
• English and Dutch are spoken at PSA Antwerp, so you will need to be fluent in both languages.
• You have an international orientation and are willing to travel
• Experience in a (container) port environment is a plus
What the position offers
• An interesting and challenging job in which you build the future of PSA Antwerp together with your colleagues
• An international environment with space for innovation and growth
• The chance to be part of the world’s leading container handler