Beaulieu International Group
Beaulieu International Group (B.I.G.) is a European leader both in the production of raw materials and semi-finished products (polypropylene, granules and fibers) as in finished products (technical textiles, cushion vinyl, needle felt, parquet, laminate, tuft, bath rugs and fabrics). We are also a major player in these sectors worldwide. Beaulieu International Group has some 30 plants, spread over 8 countries.
Within this international context, we wish to guarantee the continuous technological progress of B.I.G. and strive for Innovation Excellence, both in the field of product development as in our production processes and new business models. Therefore, we are looking for an ambitious engineer (m/f) who enthusiastically wishes to help us innovate.
For our important site in Oostrozebeke (+300 people), part of the Beaulieu Flooring Solutions division, we are looking for a (m/f) Technical Manager
This role consists of managing and supervising the effective operation of our maintenance- and engineering department for our site in Oostrozebeke where we produce yarns, needlefelt and artificial turf . Key responsibilities are :
- Identify and manage necessary resources for effective operation of the departments in high consideration of safety, quality, efficiency and cost-control according to budget.
- Manage and ensure continuous and effective function of all plant’s machinery, auxiliary equipment utilities, and building facilities, including establishment and implementation of preventive maintenance programs and energy management.
- Manage the store keeping and purchasing functions according to the developed systems and procedures, including control of machine’s spare parts.
- Implement local plant projects, including functional relation to Big corporate and Division Management for guidance, projects, and policy implementation.
- Provide the direction and development of staff to meet the needs of operations requirements.
- Lead subordinate staffs on attainment of company vision and mission, policies, procedures, goals, company values such as teamwork spirit and other company programs, including its continuous implementation and continuous improvement.
- Ensure activities meet with and integrate with organizational requirements for quality management system, health and safety, legal stipulations, environmental policies and general duty of care, including promoting safe behaviors, confront any unsafe act, and eliminating any unsafe condition.
Ideally you obtained a higher engineering degree specialized in electrical/electronical and mechanical engineering. 5 years supervisory experience in a complex production/technical environment is a minimum requirement. Experience in extrusion, tufting or needlepunching is a plus yet not mandatory. As a person you have strong interpersonal and communication skills, self-motivation
the ability to both coordinate and work within a team. Experience of using IT-tools is self-evident.
Next to a complete and attractive salary package we offer a challenging job in a highly professional and international environment. With grow and innovation as building stones of our strategy, your passion for technique and management skills will be further developed.