Sabic located in Sittard has a vacancy for a
The Sourcing & Contracting department is part of the European Supply Chain Management department that supports our Petrochemicals SBU and is responsible for formulating and executing the sourcing strategy for packed and bulk transport in Europe. For 6 production locations and 10 external warehouse locations spread over Europe we take care of the full sourcing process of outbound transport to customers.Job Purpose & Responsibilities
The Sourcing & Contracting team is responsible for the end-to-end commercial process and focusses on building a reliable, high quality network of suppliers that offer best in class logistic services. Delivery reliability, transport safety, security of supply and customer satisfaction are the typical performance parameters. Securing these services at the best available commercial conditions is the main challenge.
- The Strategic Buyer plays a key role in the tender process and contract negotiations, but also in the contract management and execution.
- The Strategic Buyer is strongly involved in the tender preparation, data analysis, negotiations and final implementation of the tender outcome.
- Together with the Category Manager, the Strategic Buyer is responsible for managing a diverse international portfolio of suppliers and strongly involved in the selection and introduction of new suppliers or transport services.
- The Strategic Buyer is responsible for steering the day-to-day operations and contract management in close cooperation with the Transport Purchaser. If needed (s)he will support the Transport Purchaser in solving operational issues.
- As transport expert the Strategic Buyer will be involved in Supply Chain projects
- (S)he is a good networker, knows what is happening in the transport market and is able to create commitment at suppliers. This is a ‘spider in the web’ role with a broad variety of both internal and external relations (Sales, Business Management, Planning, Site Logistics and Suppliers).