Stanley Black & Decker is a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth.
Since 1843, our goal has been simple: provide tools and solutions that make life easier.
Being a part of our team means living our core values of integrity, accountability, respect, speed, stretch, vision, and boundarylessness. It means thriving in an environment of constant innovation and positive change. And it means delivering tools, services, and solutions that the world counts on when it really matters. It means maintaining the highest standards in everything you do, every day. It means embedding an environmental, social, and economic mentality into everything that we do; what we call ECOSMART™.
It also means joining a team that has been globally recognized as one of the most innovative, sustainable, and rewarding companies in the world.
Statutory and Compliance Accountant Benelux
For the European Headquarters in Diegem, Belgium, Stanley Black & Decker has an immediate need for a qualified and experienced accountant to join them as a Statutory and Compliance Accountant for the Benelux region. This position will report into the Statutory Compliance Manager Northern Europe & Middle East. Main Responsibilities
- Prepare statutory accounts on local GAAP basis primarily for a number of Belgian legal entities, and in addition also for Dutch entities. Subject to structure/size/complexity of the entities and local GAAP specifics, parts of the preparation process will be supported by additional accounting staff.
- Manage and coordinate efficient statutory audit processes for a number of legal entities.
- Prepare or support preparation of Belgian and Dutch countries` corporation tax returns and liaise with professional tax advisors.
- Provide support on gathering and preparing support documentation for tax audits.
- Complete internal (US GAAP and US Tax) as well as external, national reporting requirements.
- Assist with ad hoc statutory and tax requirements.
- Potentially manage small group of experienced accountants.
- Be a qualified accountant under Belgian GAAP with 5 - 6 years post qualification experience, preferably in large multinational organizations; additional experience with Dutch GAAP will be very useful.
- Excellent accounting skills and profound experience in preparation of statutory accounts (including consolidated accounts) under Belgian GAAP; moreover, experience with preparation of Dutch statutory accounts will be very useful.
- Audit experience is essential.
- A good level of experience in preparing corporation tax returns ready for external professional review.
- Excellent communication skills to liaise with accounting teams, auditors, professional advisors and colleagues across the international organization of the group.
- Good IT skills including MS Excel. SAP experience would also be an added benefit.
- Ability to achieve deadlines.
- Strong willingness to learn and drive efficiencies.
- Flexibility and adaptability in order to provide support and assistance to other team members or colleagues and to contribute to and participate in process improvement initiatives.
- Attention to detail is critical to the role.
- Some travelling will be required as part of the audit coordination process (10-15%).
- Fluent in Dutch and English.
Why join us?
- You will become part of a diverse team of engaged employees with a passion for excellence in pursuing great opportunities for themselves and our businesses, all around the globe.
- You will discover a world of opportunities. Our growth strategy means our portfolio is ever changing and you have an opportunity to change too by moving to different business platforms, across country, region and even the world.