We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, without regard to gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
The global operating division Performance Materials with its headquarter at the BASF Belgium Coordination Center bundles BASF's competencies in innovative plastics. It provides customer-oriented solutions for industries like automotive, construction, packaging, electrics and electronics, sports, footwear, wind and solar energy.
Specialist LeanSixSigma Coordination PM
As a member of the newly installed PM central LeanSixSigma (LSS) team, you will support in installing a high-performance continuous improvement culture in PM. Through the introduction of LSS methods and tools into the organization, problem-solving skills are to be developed and spread as a competitive capability to improve customer satisfaction and become best-in-class. You will support the BU LSS teams with the set-up, execution and tracking of their LSS projects and activities. Performance measurement and status reporting to the PM leadership team on a divisional level will be part of the role.
- You will drive the implementation of LSS transformation in PM, and support communication and change management.
- You will work out common core continuous improvement elements such as LSS vision and definition, methods and tools e.g. DMAIC, daily LSS management practices (Kaizen), standard LSS leadership work, etc.
- You will introduce your own experiences into the development of the LSS concept and you will develop a training concept and material for LSS and other continuous improvement competencies across PM.
- You will support the BU LSS teams with the definition and realization of LSS programs and Projects, and motivate people to actively adopt the LSS principles and support LSS.
- You will act as PM's LSS competence center for the PM Leadership Team and BU LSS teams, ensure transfer of best practices and coordinate LSS knowledge exchange on OD level.
- Moreover, you will assist the BU LSS teams with the measurement of progress against goals and objectives and consolidate reporting on divisional level.
- You have a Master Degree in Chemistry, Engineering, Business or equivalent and have a minimum of 3 - 5 years of industry experience (automotive, consumer goods or chemistry is a plus).
- You are Black Belt trained or certified, you have a proven LeanSixSigma and continuous improvement track record and you have experience in Program & Project Management as well as in Change Management.
- You have an analytical mindset, good problem-solving skills and knowledge of statistical tools and methodologies, quality and financial principles.
- You are able to think strategically and execute tactically. Also, you are agile, flexible and open to new ideas, which you use in combination with your negotiation, conflict resolution and influencing skills.
- Your excellent communication skills make you a good team player, but you are also able to work independently. You have fluent written and spoken English skills, additional foreign language skills are desired.
- You have a good working knowledge of MS Office, statistical software applications and data analysis tools (Minitab), as well as process mapping software (e.g. Visio).
- For this job, you have to be willing to travel.
Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team. Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
Join the best team with more than 110,000 other minds to connect with globally. Explore your BASF career options at on.basf.com/mycareer.