Job Description – Shipment Teamleader
Materialise is a dynamic Belgian high-tech worldwide company, founded in 1990, with over 1,400 employees worldwide. Materialise’s mission is to innovate for a better and healthier world through its software and hardware infrastructure and in-depth knowledge of additive manufacturing (also known as 3D Printing). Our customers are in diverse industries, such as automotive, aerospace, medical, research and academia.
As a growing company, Materialise is always looking for enthusiastic professionals who want to work in an environment full of revolutionary technology and surrounded by people passionate about their work.
For our Central Production Unit, we are looking for a: Shipment Teamleader
- As Shipment Teamleader you will manage our shipment and warehouse team of 4 people:
- Make the planning for the team
- Motivate your team and follow-up their performance
- Ensure the team and company objectives are met
- Be the spokesperson of the team towards the rest of the organization
- You work in our Warehouse & Shipment area;
- You pack, check and count all parts produced in Materialise for AMS and i.materialise customers;
- You create all necessary shipping documents and ship to the customer;
- You assist in quality inspection for incoming parts from subcontractors or other Materialise production locations;
- You sort out the parts and match them to the correct projects, and pack and ship accordingly;
- You have (or will develop) the expertise to package delicate and fragile 3D-printed parts in such a way that damage during transport is avoided;
- You assist in the Warehouse activities: organizing, reception of incoming goods, transfers between our different warehouses.
As a Shipment Teamleader you are:
- Flexible (working schedule 10:30 AM till 7:30PM);
- A good team player and a good communicator;
- Able to handle stress;
- Practical and very accurate;
- Hands-on: you will work together with your team members on the floor;
- Able to work quickly and efficiently after your training period;
- Quality oriented: you are the last person before the customer;
- Proficient in English and you have good communication skills;
- Computer skilled: you will use Outlook and an ERP system for several hours a day;
- Experienced to manage a small team of motivated blue-collar workers;
- In possession of a driver license B and lifting truck license (is considered a plus).
People are the cornerstone of Materialise and we treasure the talent, skills, and values of our employees very highly. We believe that maintaining the right environment and culture for employees is crucial for an organization’s success. Therefore, we are devoted to building a global team of specialists in an open environment that favors personal growth. Programs have been put in place to keep our fair, direct company culture alive.
Moreover, we proudly invest in personal development and offer challenging careers where employees are empowered to grow professionally as well as personally. You will liaise with different people throughout the organization on a daily basis and we guarantee that no day will be the same. Your effort and energy will be rewarded with a competitive salary and with extralegal advantages. In order to have a good work-life balance, we offer you flexible working hours.