Join our Service team and work with some of the best in the industry!
Do you thrive in a role where you will be in contact with many different stakeholders? Are you structured and reliable and able to keep the overview even during hectic periods?
MHI Vestas is looking for a Service Assistant for the Oostende Service Operations, servicing one existing and one future windfarm.
MHI Vestas wants to do better every day
With +2500 employees in seven different countries, we are one of the leading players in the offshore wind industry. Even if we find ourselves in many different locations, one thing remains the same: We prioritise the team spirit and we value the close connection between our employees. We focus on financially viable and sustainable solutions that benefit future generations. Established in 2014, we are a young, diverse and ambitious organisation with an informal and dynamic environment.
Service Assistant, Northwind & Norther
Tasks & responsibilities: You will…
…be part of the Service team in Oostende and assist the Service Manager, Supervisors and Offshore Service Technicians in day-to-day operations and site facilities.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Create and follow up on purchase orders and receive goods in the ERP system
- Order items such as stationery, work wear, safety equipment for the team
- Support the team on different IT systems and databases
- Own the site training matrix and plan training courses accordingly (technical, safety, others)
- Organise and keep the intranet pages and documents dedicated to the windfarm up-to-date
- Support projects related to the local site e.g. new buildings or events
- Provide administrative support in relation to site budget and follow up
- Check data and update different internal and external reports (time registration, environmental indicators, training hours, site reporting)
- Support the recruitment process and onboarding of new employees
- Actively participate in improvements in own area of work, at the site, and also within MHI Vestas on specific continuous improvement projects.
Skills & experience: Our new colleague…
…is friendly and outgoing and able to remain calm under pressure. You have experience from a similar role and since you will be the first point of contact on the site, it is important that you are welcoming and have good communication skills. Safety is a very important factor at MHI Vestas, so it is essential that you are safety conscious.
We expect that you:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Are fluent in Dutch and English
- Understand and respect cultural differences
- Have administrative experience with Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, PowerPoint, ERP (e.g. Microsoft Dynamics AX)
- Have excellent organisational and time-management skills
- Have basic financial understanding (provisions, credit nota, budget, …)
- Have experience with suppliers and contracting
- Are a self-starter able to take ownership and complete tasks
- Have a driver’s license
Join us if you…
...would like to work in an international and ambitious company where we work shoulder to shoulder every day to become the global leader in the offshore wind market. You will be part of a dedicated team in an organisation characterised by being ambitious, innovative and professional.
In Service, we offer you:
- A broad interface with many stakeholders
- Great colleagues that support each other and work together
- Excellent opportunities for professional and personal development
- The right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions. We value initiative and responsibility
- The opportunity to work with a determined and motivated Service team
- A workplace where we value a healthy and good work-life balance