ASCO, a privately owned and independent Belgian company, began operations as a private subcontractor in 1954. The aeronautics division started in 1979 and is currently the only group activity. Today ASCO Industries is engaged in a broad range of development, engineering, manufacturing and assembly activities providing multidisciplinary subcontracting services to various markets and aerospace programs around the world.
Asco operates from four locations, Belgium, Canada Germany and the United States of America, with over 1300 employees and a turnover exceeding 250 million euros.
Asco produces over 2,500 assemblies every month and has the ambition to be a world leader in design and manufacture of high lift devices, complex mechanical assemblies and major functional components for the aerospace industry.
As a supplier of Aerospace components it is Asco's mission to deliver components that can be fitted to the final assembly lines of our customers. Our production process includes machining, inspection, quality control, surface treatment and assembly. Over the years Asco has invested in several state of the art equipments. The production group is organized in 4 independent operating units within each group around 150 blue collars.
(Senior) Technology Engineer
We are currently looking for a Senior Technology Engineer
and a Technology Engineer
- Automation and Investment projects: Execute identified investment projects with the Technology & Investment, operational and industrialization teams. Technical project focal in the definition and execution phase of the projects, responsible for internal coordination.
- Automation and digitalisation: Develop in partnership with external solution providers and within research projects the Asco knowhow on automation and digitalisation of the manufacturing and logistic processes.
- Research and Technology: Participate in internal projects for development of currently used manufacturing technologies within the ASCO group and its subcontractors (machining, treatments and assembly) and ensure that Asco follows up on and analyses the markets in order to equip the company at all times with the equipment, machines, tools and methods that will guarantee leadership in the sector. Participate in internal research and development projects for soon available production process technologies that could replace or be added to ASCO’s currently used technology (such as composites, additive manufacturing, welding techniques, etc.).
Master in civil or industrial engineering or equal by experience
Languages : Mother tongue French or Dutch and good knowledge of the other language. Fluent in English.
Skills / Experience :
- Knowledge of production techniques to properly evaluate the applications and benefits of different manufacturing technologies. Knowledge on automation, digitalisation and new manufacturing techniques such as additive manufacturing and composite manufacturing are a plus.
- Analytical skills to analyse the impact of new technologies on Asco’s business & comparing the performance of different manufacturing technologies.
- Presentation and persuasive skills (to defend technical choices, even if challenged by others).
- Ability to act proactively and ability to solve problems.
- Eager to continuously exchange ideas, information and opinions with others and together arrive at decisions/conclusions/solutions.
- Team player with the required soft skills to motivate people to work to common objectives.
The Senior Technology Engineer must have minimum 5 years of experience in production techniques and experience in project management.
Asco offers a position in an innovative high-tech environment, using cutting-edge technologies, with a unique training policy and opportunities to develop yourself. Besides this we offer an interesting salary package with extralegal advantages.