Betafence is the global market leader for perimeter security, access control and fencing solutions. Betafence secures both industrial sites, public infrastructure, high-security sites, as well as private and agrarian plots.
Betafence is today implementing a strategic decision to move from multiple buying departments by business unit to an integrated and coordinated procurement function for the group.
In line with this decision we are recruiting a Senior Category Buyer, who will work for the European part of the group and will be located at our production site in Zwevegem.
Senior Category Buyer
- In this function you will both manage a significant spend portfolio and actively participate in delivering improvements in skills, competencies and processes across the procurement function.
- You are responsible for managing a key expenditure portfolio (+/- €50m) for certain product groups /categories of direct materials that are used in our production process within the different production sites. Therefore you build and develop strong relationships with key suppliers.
- You are accountable for determining and delivering year on year improvements within the allocated spend portfolio.
- Your roll out your experience and best practices within the procurement department and are responsible for negotiating group deals and synergy projects.
- You acquire deep market knowledge in order to develop an optimal supplier portfolio.
- You conduct negotiations with suppliers about price, quality, delivery time and payment conditions.
- In order to evaluate suppliers, you develop formal and shared supplier management tools, supplier ratings, metrics and audits and uses those tools to improve supplier performance.
- You coordinate improvement programs for suppliers regarding quality, logistics and administration.
- You collaborate with macro planning to keep our stocks as low as possible and set up projects with suppliers to optimize deliveries.
- You work closely and engages constructively with the different functions across our company: supply chain, quality, technology, planning, manufacturing and legal.
- You are the principle company “face to the supplier” and coordinate contacts between subject matter experts accordingly.
- Minimum Bachelor degree, preferably in a technical or economical direction.
- Strong purchase experience (min 10 years) in a technical or industrial environment.
- You can use your previous experience as a category buyer in an industrial field to get up to speed quickly within our specific procurement categories.
- Deep knowledge of category: market, suppliers and competitors and you are able to develop a network and share market knowledge.
- Competent and experienced across the full RFx process: supplier selection, onboarding, management, integration.
- Strong negotiating skills, both technically and tactically.
- Good relationship building skills, which enable you to build a strong network both internally and externally.
- Strong communication skills and good command of English and Dutch. English is our business language and all corporate supplier contracts are drafted and negotiated in English.
- Knowledge of French and German would be a bonus.
- An interesting job with a lot of variation within an international environment.
- A comprehensive package of duties with a high level of responsibility, independence and space for initiative.
- An attractive remuneration supplemented by extra-legal benefits (e.g. meal vouchers, group- and hospitalization insurance, possibility for a company car)