Within the BI Domain (devops organization) :
- He/she is business facing & technical facing, having excellent people & communication skills to translate technical information to a non-technical audience.
- He/she is responsible for the design and implementation of innovative and flexible solutions according to agreed timelines and budgets (cost optimized solutions) in order to support the decision taking processes of the Organization in line with the business needs and quality requirements.
- He/she will provide strong functional/technical leadership to lift up the IT BI team members and the business users to a next knowledge level.
1. Play a key role in the intake of BI demand. Define end-to-end (x-technology) solutions through close collaboration with the other technology solution designers and enterprise architects. Integrate the new solutions into the existing (complex) BI landscape consisting of
- an Oracle EDWH, SAP BW, a SAS datastore and Qlik Sense visualisation tool.
- a datascientist advanced analytics environment
2. Be involved in the setting up and maintenance of a service (product) catalogue
3. The BI world is changing very rapidely. Big data and artificial intelligence are everywhere, DWH automation is getting more and more mature. The BI solution designer will keep track of trends on the market and advice the business and the BI team on how to get more value out of their data by implementing innovative solutions.Takenpakket
The senior BI solution designer / expert will :
- Manage and govern application architecture for all BI applications
- Understand the business value drivers and ensure that solution design is satisfying the business and technical success criteria, while optimizing cost savings and efficiencies
- Perform a breakdown of desired (business) themes into epics and features, that can be further refined into implementable stories
- Analyse requirements , design and develop innovative solutions that meet challenging business requirements while considering all factors such as performance, scalability, data security, operational effectiveness, cost, time to market and future proof technical evolution of the applications
- Provide strong technical leadership and advocate improved efficiency in solution design and implementation. Review and approve documentation.
- Develop information architecture, both conceptual (eg. Reference architecture) as technical, both on data and ETL architecture. The BI solution designer determines the optimal approach for obtaining data from diverse source system platforms and moving it to the BI. This involves understanding all of the source system platforms, application architectures and DBMSs (e.g. SAP ISU, SalesForce, ORACLE, …)
- You design and implement the infrastructure for BI projects in close cooperation with the infrastructure architect.
- Support the team and the product manager in prioritization of business demand
- Provide estimates about the time and efforts related to the design and the development of the solution
- Ensure an up-to-date reference catalogue aligned with other technologies/domains within or across the DevOps BU and with Enterprise Architecture