Eeklo - Eeklo ? Ontex (www.ontex.com) is the world's leading supplier of disposable personal hygiene products with headquarters in Aalst. Ontex designs, manufactures and delivers its products to retailers and healthcare providers in more than 110 countries across the globe. With 19 manufacturing sites, they employ more than 11,000 people. The Ontex' cutting-edge product research and development teams draw on extensive consumer insights and offer the flexibility to help retail and health industry clients stay ahead of rapidly changing markets and consumers' needs. To reinforce the growing company and support the complexity that comes with it, Ontex in Eeklo is looking for a
Are you an excellent people manager with a passion to find smart ways to fullfill consumer needs?
You will be one of the global main points of contact regarding R&D for the Feminine care business at Ontex. The lab and technical center for this category will be supervised by you.
• You support the group's innovation and R&D strategy and activities.
• You are the main knowledge center for raw materials and products for the Fem care category on a global level.
• Together with your team you develop (new) product concepts, lead validation and analyse feasibility.
• You support other departments in their product developments for other parts of the world.
• You evaluate projects financially, lead the product execution and contribute to the implementation of these product concepts and features within the global company.
• You build and maintain relationships with suppliers, you validate feasibility with engineering, production, purchasing and supply chain and you identify cost saving opportunities in products and raw materials.
• You suggest possible innovative product technical solutions (and related financial input) in line with consumer needs and you provide product technical competitive intelligence to support the division in their commercial activities
• You create alignment in between departments like local marketing, product management, production, purchase, engineering,...
• You are responsible for the annual operating plans derived from group and divisional initiatives and you create, defend and control the required budgets and FTE plan to realize it.
• You coach and motivate the team and its individuals, provide the necessary trainings
• You report to the Group R&D Director Innovation Program who is located in the HQ in Aalst.
Are you a collaborator with excellent technical skills?
• A Master's degree in a scientific/engineering field, or equivalent by experience
• 5+ years' experience in a R&D/product development role
• An openness to diverse cultural environments
• A willingness to travel 10-20% of your time
• Fluent communication skills in spoken and written English, all other languages are an asset
Ontex, a Belgian global company and market leader, offers you
• A highly skilled, professional, dynamic and people-oriented environment with an emphasis on personal development
• A unique environment where local and international talents from across the globe work together
• A role within a changing department where proactiveness is key
• An atmosphere where team spirit is the real deal
• A competitive salary package