AGC'S Technovation Centre is looking for a researcher in electronics and antennas for its partnership with the Multitel Innovation Centre
AGC Glass Europe offers challenging, and highly rewarding career opportunities. Join a leading international glass company, share a global stage of incredible opportunity with more than 50,000 employees world-wide. Work and grow alongside some of the brightest people in your field.
Our passion is glass. We work every day at turning it into a material opening up new unexpected market opportunities. Glass creates emotion by connecting people with their environment. Could it connect us with you?
Who are we - AGC Glass Europe ?
Based in Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium), AGC Glass Europe is the European branch of the AGC Group (Asahi Glass Co., Ltd), the world's leading producer of flat glass. It produces, processes and distributes flat glass for building (exterior glazing and interior decoration), automotive (original glass and replacement glass) and smart screen applications.
AGC Glass Europe currently employs some 14,000 people. Its industrial facilities comprise 18 float glass lines, 10 automotive glass processing centers and more than 100 distribution-processing units in Europe, stretching from Spain to Russia.
What about the collaboration between our Antennas Department at the Technovation Centre and Multitel ?
AGC's Technovation Centre based close to Brussels (Belgium) mobilises its 300 researchers, engineers and technicians to turn glass into a material meeting a growing range of needs (energy control, comfort, safety and health, aesthetics) Antibacterial glass, Glassiled Motion for dynamic facades, the Google jamboard for multitouch screens are just some of our latest innovations.
The Antenna Department at the Technovation Centre manages projects focusing on how to integrate electronics and communication/connectivity elements that will provide an added value for building and automotive glass applications. For one of its projects, it is collaborating with the Multitel Innovation Centre and is looking for a researcher in electronics
Researcher in Electronics and Antennas
You will be based at Multitel's offices in Mons and will
- perform simulations of wave propagation indoor and outdoor
- define and calibrate scattering parameters of materials
- perform full-wave simulations of antenna arrays
- perform radiation and propagation performance measurements and test plans
- perform post-processing of simulation and measurement data
Why you ?
- Master/PhD in Electrical Engineering, or related field (e.g. telecom, antenna, electromagnetics, ...) with proven propagation modeling experience
- Knowledge of propagation simulation methods/models (Raytracing, empirical, statistical, ...)
- Sufficient know-how to challenge and compare simulations and measurements
- Experience in electromagnetic modeling of antenna arrays and other circuit
- Familiar with electromagnetic simulation software, such as CST, Feko, HFSS, ...
- Hands-on experience with antenna measurements (VNA, far-field measurements)
- Insights in RF, FPGA, and SW development process, especially for wireless communications.
What about your skills?
- Analytical mindset, result oriented and ability to deliver under pressure.
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and manage many different projects at once.
- Able to test new concepts autonomously
- You are fluent in English (essential). Knowledge of French is a plus.
And of course ... remuneration and benefits under a Multitel contract including a competitive base salary and additional advantages.