We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, without regard to gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
BASF Antwerpen NV is the second largest production site of BASF worldwide and the largest chemical company in Belgium. Our 3000 colleagues ensure the management of production, logistics, technical, lab and energy as well as a great number of services such as safety, environment, finances and communication. We are offering a
wide range of career opportunities both in Belgium and internationally.
Procurement account manager
As a member of an enthusiastic procurement team, you will ensure reliable, sustainable and competitive spend management for BASF site/s within Belgium & the Netherlands.
- You will act as a procurement coordinator in Capex & Shutdown-projects up to 15mio EUR by steering the procurement activities for all related categories.
- In addition you will be the focal point for technical procurement topics, you will manage supplier relationships, ensure that purchasing needs of technical goods and services are met, and act as a local marketeer for technical procurement strategies.
- You are the critical link between the BASF procurement department and your site/s needs, developing and maintaining deep and productive relationships with key stakeholders through effective communication, pro-active challenging and an innovative mindset.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience, whilst key account management experience is an advantage.
- Master degree in applied sciences, commercial engineering or engineering sciences.
- You are customer oriented, have both an entrepreneurial and analytical approach, like to build and maintain a professional network and you possess strong communication and negotiation skills (Dutch mandatory, English preferred).
- You will also have the ability to coordinate multi-disciplinary & geographically dispersed virtual teams to achieve your objectives.
- Travel within Belgium, Netherlands and Germany is required within this role.
We offer a multi-faceted challenge with responsibilities in a successful and dynamic high technology company that highly values lifelong learning and development. BASF offers a competitive compensation including attractive benefits.