Alcon is the world leader in the development and sale of innovative ophthalmological care products, and is the second-largest division of the Novartis group, with strong growth and exciting future prospects.
We develop, produce and market surgical equipment and devices, pharmaceutical eye drops and eye care products for the treatment of conditions and diseases of the eye. Our broad product range represents the strongest portfolio in the eye care industry.
Alcon’s Belgian branch is made up of a commercial organization with offices in Vilvoorde and our production site in Puurs. The Puurs site houses three distinct production units: Custom Paks® (custom-made procedure packs for eye surgery), visco-elastics & ointments and the manufacturing of sterile ophthalmic solutions. The Puurs facility is also a European distribution center serving 120 countries and employs more than 1000 people.
We are currently looking for a talented person to take on the role of Process & Equipment Improvement Engineer.
Process & Equipment improvement engineer
Your major accountabilities will be:
- Provide to the CPK site the specialist knowledge and leadership in Continuous Improvement activities.
- Oversee processes and standards to maintain and improve existing and to implement new innovative manufacturing technologies.
- Plan, design, coordinate, validate and implement high technology equipment and/or processes for the production of Custom Paks.
- Provide engineering support to manufacturing to maintain high yields and minimize downtime of process equipment.
- Researche and instigate new projects which lead to process/ product improvements - including moving processes from design to production and automating of exisitng processes. Must also demonstrate analytical skills in problem solving.
- You have a Bachelor degree in Engineering/ Physics or related discipline but a Masters degree in Engineering/ Physics or related discipline is preferred.
- You have at least 3 years of exerpience in a high volumte manufacturing environment with experience of process engineering, automation implementation and project management.
- You have several years of experience in medical device manufacturing. Experience to include cross site projects.
- You can impress us with project management and team leadership ex-perience and you are certified as a Project Management Professional (PMP) or certified as a LSS Black Belt.
- You demonstrate analytical skills in problem solving.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English and have excellent communication skills.
We offer you a challenging, international and interdisciplinary work environment. Investment in people is a priority for Alcon. We offer a range of possibilities for personal development and career opportunities within the group to motivated, qualified people. We offer you a competitive salary and benefit package. Alcon supports a flexible work-life integration.