Give your best to better energy and make the commitment with Total. With over 500-plus professions in 130 countries, we offer high safety and environmental standards, strong ethical values, an innovation culture and wide-ranging career development. Be part of the global team whose mission is already shared by 100,000 employees: to make energy better each and every day.
Process research engineer CO2 capture at industrial sites (M/F)
* Initiates and monitors academic or cooperative research in their field of activity
* Participates in the preparation and rolls out the annual research programmes relating to their field of activity
* Carries out technical and economic studies to evaluate different CO2 capture processes adapted to industrial sites
* Identifies the tools best suited to meet the needs of research studies and proposes appropriate improvements to internal tools
* Performs ProII or Aspen simulations (mass and thermal balances) to evaluate the usefulness of processes
* Takes care of the "industrial property" aspect of studies carried out by filing secrecy agreements and patents
* Maintains the Group's expertise in its field of activity and acts as an advisor to the other divisions
* Participates in the dissemination of expertise and makes available the knowledge acquired with the support of industrial management
* Initiates market-opening activities to the outside scientific and technical world through:Technological and scientific monitoring in their field of activity
* Participation in conferences, symposia etc. as a participant and/or speaker
* Proposes and carries out exploratory research based on innovative ideas and concepts.
* Possible means: creativity groups, open innovation etc.
* Takes care of the project management side of their studies
* Participates in the drafting of investment and operating budgets for their field of activity.
* Signs up to the HSE management approach of the TRTF site and applies the internal regulations in an exemplary manner
* Takes HSE aspects into account upstream in the study programmes, particularly when drafting the specifications for experimental tests.
* Training in chemical engineering, process engineering with research experience (thesis, post-doc) and/or a good knowledge of refining/chemistry (IFP School).
* Field experience would be a plus.
* Very good written and oral communication skills and an analytical mind.
* Scientific curiosity, a culture of innovation and rigour in project management.
* Ability to conduct multiple studies simultaneously in multidisciplinary teams.
* An interest in knowledge sharing.
* Very good command of English
* Proficiency in programs such as Aspen or ProII is a plus.
* A temporary contract.
* The possibility of taking part in projects of great scale and taking responsibilities in a group of world size, which applies the advanced technology.
* A continuing education. Competitive wages and a broad range of extra-legal advantages.