Give your best to better energy and make the commitment with Total. With over 500-plus professions in 130 countries, we offer high safety and environmental standards, strong ethical values, an innovation culture and wide-ranging career development. Be part of the global team whose mission is already shared by 100,000 employees: to make energy better each and every day.
Process engineer polymer transformations (M/F)
* Performs technological monitoring of our current transformation processes
* Identifies new transformation processes needed to carry out new R&D projects
* Participates in the definition of polymer transformation department projects
* Ensures follow-up of the completed projects, carries out technical reporting
* Guarantees the quality of the results obtained, drafts and/or supervises and validates the technical summary notes for the research work and develops a database to contribute to the establishment of models (link between transformation, property and performance conditions)
* Identifies partners, service providers, universities, machine builders that will be needed to carry out the projects
* Supervises the work of trainees
* Proposes investments and manages the selected investments from a technical point of view.
* Develops a specific training portfolio and delivers courses internally
* Provides ATD support and technical assistance to our customers
* Coordinates and monitors the transformation tests with partners and various collaborations (universities, machine builders etc.)
* Optimises the implementation conditions/technical procedure, based on their knowledge of polymer materials, rheology and polymer implementation skills.
* Independently uses the equipment within their scope of technical responsibility
* Signs up to the HSE management approach of the TRTF site, applies internal regulations in an exemplary manner and contributes to compliance with safety standards within the department.
* Actively participates in departmental safety meetings
* Anticipates HSE issues associated with the projects he/she implements. Ensures that safety aspects are taken into account in all project activities.
* Materials Sciences Engineer, mainly polymer processing with knowledge of rheology
* Beginner or 1 to 3 years' experience
* Well-versed in the simulation of transformation processes and scale parameters
* An interest in business, marketing and R&D topics related to polymer production
* Mentoring skills, ability to communicate, work in project mode.
* Fluent English essential
* Knowledge of compounding/film extrusion is an asset.
* The possibility of taking part in projects of great scale and taking responsibilities in a group of world size, which applies the advanced technology.
* A continuing education. Competitive wages and a broad range of extra-legal advantages.