Growing economic regions and ports such as India, Brazil, Africa, the Middle East and South-east Asia often need support in the development of their port and logistics infrastructure. Port of Antwerp International (PAI) helps them to develop a port in an expert, efficient and sustainable way.
PAI offers the ports and regions in question the opportunity to enter into intensive partnerships and to optimise their infrastructure, operations and management.
Port operations director (expat)
PAI has a partnership with the Port of Duqm in Oman, situated on the southeastern seaboard of the Sultanate of Oman, overlooking the Arabian Sea and the Indian Ocean beyond. Port of Duqm is fast becoming an important reality of the Middle East region’s rapidly transforming maritime landscape. The port has the potential to develop into one of the Middle East’s largest ports over the long term.
For the moment we are looking for a Port Operations director. As head of the port operations you lead a large team of Managers, Executives and Equipment Specialists and you are responsible for the day-to-day safe and efficient operational running of the port. You manage relationships, negotiates contracts, monitors port and berthing movements and works closely with management and external stakeholders on strategic planning.
Your tasks among other:
- Build a culture of innovation within the organisation to encourage continuous improvement
- Collaborate with business partners to maintain and strengthen existing business relationships
- Drive organisation's port equipment efficiency management
- Formulate strategic business plans for the port and its functions
- Monitor and review market trends
- Network to establish new partnerships
- Oversee allocation of resources, equipment, and the infrastructure supporting port operations
- Review manpower planning requirements
- You have a master in operations management and have a minimum of 10 years of experience in a similar function/role
- Proven Leadership Skills and someone who thrives in a team oriented environment
- Excellent Problem Solving, Outstanding Communication, Multi-tasking and negociating skills are key to succes
- In-depth knowledge of marine terminal operations
- You are well-organised person with excellent planning skills
- Innovations and new trends on the market you follow up constantly
- You have great MS Office skills and other applications related tot he job
- You speak fluent English, French and any other language is a plus
We offer you a varied job with stimulating responsibilities and a place for new initiatives. Furthermore, we offer you an attractive and competive salary at expat international level. On top of that you get a hospitalization and repatriation insurance, car and housing.