RPM International Inc., a multinational paint and coatings company headquartered near Cleveland, Ohio and traded on the New York Stock Exchange, owns subsidiaries that manufacture and market high-performance coatings, sealants and specialty chemicals, primarily for maintenance and improvement applications. RPM International Inc. employs approximately 14,000 people worldwide and operates 139 manufacturing facilities in 27 countries. Its products are sold in approximately 170 countries and territories.
For its European development office, RPM Europe, RPM is looking for a legal professional with a good experience in corporate law for the EMEA region.
Paralegal Corporate EMEA Hasselt
As a (para)legal, you will provide legal assistance to RPM operating companies in the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region. Your legal tasks will be the following:
- You work with the US based legal team, European legal, tax and business team members and outside legal counsel and tax advisors throughout the EMEA to ensure that filing deadlines are met; board meetings are held; and restructuring, liquidation and related projects stay on track;
- You coordinate corporate secretarial matters, which may include forming, merging and dissolving entities, as well as capital increases, decreases and dividends;
- You coordinate restructuring projects, which includes, reviewing drafts for accuracy, coordinating signatures, updating step plans, scanning and circulating final signed copies to the team and updating the Global Entity Management Database;
- You update and maintain the Global Entity Management Database and upload documents on to the database;
- You will work with European based tax/accounting team to follow-up on the filing of annual accounts and checking to see if main figures are in line with what is reported internally;
- You are responsible for the follow-up on the receipt of all tax returns;
- You are responsible for the follow-up on summary schedules and perform other tasks as assigned.
- You will work in close collaboration with the EMEA Tax Director and help on a variety of matters.
The requested qualifications for this Paralegal position include:
- You hold minimum a Bachelor of law, accounting or tax, or equivalent by experience;
- You have minimum 2 years experience in corporate matters ‘in house’, at a law firm, an accounting firm or a notary’s office;
- You are Fluent in English and either Dutch or French;
- You are self-motivated and proactive;
- You have strong organization skills and are very hands on;
- You are very accurate and precise;
- You are eager to work with a very nice small team.
You are satisfied working in a process oriented role, as opposed to a strategic role. You will work in an international environment and be part of a dynamic and growing company within a small and dynamic team located at one of the subsidiaries. You will have a lot of responsibility in the tasks and projects assigned and international contacts. You will have the possibility to travel on a very limited basis (mainly in Europe). In addition, our client offers you a competitive salary and benefit package.
USG Professionals acts as the interface between you and the company that requires your services. We are eager to take the time to get to know you and look out for your interests, finding the right opportunity for you in terms of a permanent position or a temporary assignment. You can count on your personal USG consultant steering your talents in the right direction.