To strengthen our manufacturing operations in Steel Wire Zwevegem we are looking for a seasoned operations manager, who considers it as a challenge to continuously improve the production processes, to manage change by creating commitment and involve the employees in the plant.
Are you driven to obtain results by working together with people day after day?
Do you consider it as a challenge to continuously improve processes and to manage changes?
Then you could be the operations manager we are looking for.
As an operations manager you will manage the production activities within steel wire (with a turnover of 148 mio € and a production volume of 65k Ton and 300 employees in production) and you will guide and steer the production managers, team leaders and operators through the change program which has as objective to enhance the efficiency of our production processes to deliver products of superior quality to our customers. You will report to the general plant manager Specialty Steel Wires Zwevegem).
To achieve this you will:
- Give direction to your team of production managers who report directly to you and you motivate them to continuously improve the production results and to achieve the short and long term objectives.
- Coach your team to implement the changes resulting from the Bekaert Manufacturing Excellence program to achieve breakthroughs in terms of safety, customer service & cost.
- Build and maintain a constructive social climate and take the lead in negotiations with the unions for issues across the different production departments.
- Implement and further fine-tune processes and systems to follow up performance and targets on a permanent basis and install a performance driven culture in production to make sure you smoothly achieve the targets related to safety, quality, customer delivery, productivity and efficiency.
- Contribute to stimulate an optimal working climate and cooperation between the different departments ( sales, maintenance, quality, planning, ….etc.) to find the optimal balance between customer delivery terms, productivity and efficiency.
- Witt the support of others, you develop and follow up the future plans for production (investments, staffing and other resources, performance targets,….etc) to realize an effective deployment of the agreed strategic objectives.