The ideal candidate should be able to anticipate needs, provide information in a timely manner and solve issues as proactively as possible. As you will play a key role in the association, candidates should be highly organised, use discretion and take initiative.
Founded in 1990, AEBIOM is a non-profit, Brussels-based international organisation active at EU level. AEBIOM's primary mission is to develop the market for sustainable bioenergy and insure favourable business conditions for its members. AEBIOM holds a strong position in the bioenergy sector (bioheat, bioelectricity and biofuels) and brings together approximately 40 national bioenergy associations and over 90 private-sector companies from all over Europe and beyond. More information on www.aebiom.org.
You will work alongside AEBIOM's Secretary-General and interact regularly with all AEBIOM departments and staff. You will mainly be responsible for the following tasks:
- Serve as key contact between members and AEBIOM
- Affiliation and disaffiliation procedure
- Maintain an accurate database of our members' contact details, as well as a database of potential members
- Provide excellent service to current and potential members and ensure a smooth onboarding for new members
- Design and implement AEBIOM membership policy in close relation with AEBIOM's Departments.
Office Management and Administration:
- Welcome visitors, deliveries, post and other correspondence
- Book travel arrangements for the AEBIOM team and board members
- Screen and monitor all mail/phone enquiries and requests
- Manage agendas (planning and organising appointments and meetings)
- Responsible for the functioning of the office: purchase of office supplies and needed materials
- Finding and managing relations and negotiations with suppliers (accountant, landlord, venues, catering, etc.)
- Coordinate IT matters with our external service provider
- Prepare documentations for Statutory meetings
- Statutory company filings (Moniteur belge, EP badges, Statutes, etc.)
- Document management (contracts, EU projects)
- Support the organisation of events and meetings (material preparation, logistic planning, onsite support, etc.)
Finance & Human Resources:
- HR support to the Secretary-General
- Responsible for the payment of invoices and record of all payments
- Responsible for issuing of invoices: members, events, sponsorship, ENplus certification, etc.
- Debtors management
- Working on a regular basis with AEBIOM's accountant, providing all necessary details for accounting and tax purpose